Unlikeliest Winner

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
ro87

Unlikeliest Winner

Post by ro87 »

So after 000's of games, I finally won... with cursed, rusty armor nearly all the way down and up.
It was a real food fight on the way up - nearly lost.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Unlikeliest Winner

Post by CommanderData »

ro87 wrote:So after 000's of games, I finally won... with cursed, rusty armor nearly all the way down and up.
It was a real food fight on the way up - nearly lost.

Good work, you must have had some great weaponry, or at least a pack full of nice rings and wands to make it out alive! :D
ro87

Post by ro87 »

No rings of great import; just +1 dex and sustain strength. Didn't use them. Weapon was +5 +6 mace, vorpalized. That certainly helped. Aside from that, I only had a plain old bow, four (4) arrows and some cursed shurikens.

With no armor protection, melee combat was hopeless against dragons/jabs/medusae/griffins. It was the wands kept me alive at lv 21+, and on the way up. I had a couple each of polymorph and slow, and one of cold. Also, judicious use of Magic Mapping and clairvoyance was key.

I had no idea that the baddest monsters would keep appearing at levels 1-15 while ascending. I thought I was toast after exhausting the wands. And also after falling back down two levels when ascending.

My learnings:
At 20+, forget about searching each room. Descend stairs if you see them.
Maybe a mace isn't so bad.
DON'T FORGET TO THROW FOOD
Melee combat against the baddies is macho and often gets you in trouble. Just use the magic and hope you don't run out.
An enchanted ranged weapon would have been nice in big dark rooms, long halls, and against sleeping monsters.

Last thought: Before coming to the surface, I ate a celebratory mushroom. Alas, it was the ordinary kind - I was hoping for a win-while-tripping easter egg.
ro87

Post by ro87 »

Oh, one more thing for CD. For all people that use the app, what % of started games end in a win?