Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
BigDrahma

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch

Post by BigDrahma »

Zakia wrote:
BigDrahma wrote:A Scroll of Gluttony could turn every item in your inventory into a ration of food. Yes, including that Elfin Armor and +5/+5 Ice Sword. 8-)

The cursed Magic Missile wand should zap in a random direction regardless of the one you tell it to... an "opposite direction" curse is too easy to deal with . :mrgreen:
A scroll of Gluttonly would probably be only a graphical effect. A cursed wand might be annoying since it can bounce and hit you, as well as the annoyance of it not working when needed.
Why only a graphical effect? I think that's a fantastic Bad Scroll to get burned by.

I haven't tried a Wand of Ploymorph on a treasure, but if it doesn't work, a Wand Of Polymorph Treasure would be interesting. Turn any pile of gold into some other random goody!
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

BigDrahma wrote:
Zakia wrote:Why only a graphical effect? I think that's a fantastic Bad Scroll to get burned by.

I haven't tried a Wand of Ploymorph on a treasure, but if it doesn't work, a Wand Of Polymorph Treasure would be interesting. Turn any pile of gold into some other random goody!
A wand of polymorph won't work on treasure, but it does remind me of an idea I had... Someone in this crazy 24 page thread brought up that they'd like to be able to dispose of items more permanently... Monsters would pick up whatever he discarded and then he'd kill them and pick it up again (sorry I didn't bother to search and see who mentioned it :))

Anyway, I thought of a "recycle bin" on each floor that you could go stand on and drop stuff into...

That lead to a thought of... what if you could drop it into some sort of transmogrifier box (a nod to the great Calvin and Hobbes)? You could drop an item in and get something else back out... Like the Jars of Change in Shiren the Wanderer. Perhaps you could take that a step further and "meld" things like the Melding Pot in Shiren. Found some flaming darts but you have been pimping out a nice katana? Drop them both in the box and pull out a flaming katana!

Just some ideas of my own... maybe I should stop drinking so much :lol:
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Those are good ideas, as long as it's balanced. The only problems with that would possibly be people melding their starter mace or bow, and people melding single pieces of ammunition.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
corhen

Post by corhen »

most of what i want has been mentioned before.

1) i would really like to see an Enhanced and Authentic game... i love the enhancements, but you have to stay true to the origanal
2)i want a way to see when im moving. in a single long room, the only way to tell you have moved is by looking at the minimap. could you have small differences on the ground? like periods and commas ( . , . , .)
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

I haven't read all 24 pages, so maybe this has been said before... but how about if you map a touch zone onto the current weapon/armor display area that toggles it to an alternate set? Ie when you start out the mace picture, when tapped, would bring up a bare hand picture.. the weapon you next wield (ie the bow) would fill that slot. For armor you might want to fill that slot with leathers to allow for a quick change when you run into an aqualator... It wouldn't really alter the balance (assuming you put in the appropriate turns) just save keystrokes for when you want to switch between ranged/melee and leather/spartan curiass/plate. It also wouldn't clutter the interface.
Alichan

Post by Alichan »

Hi CD,

Right, having now been stuck on this game for two days solid now (yes, the whole time...) I can see that I will be spending more time than I imagined exploring the depths. As such, I am craving a handful of things to make the game even more user friendly. Here they are:

1) Reverse Scrolling Text - There are times when I miss what was written in the message display area of the game, especially during a fight. For example, I am in mid-battle, go into my inventory to look for something that can save me from pushing up the daisies, and choose an unknown potion (for arguments sake) and swallow it! At this moment the monster immediately retaliates, the text telling me so, scrolling along. It's then that I wish I could scroll back a bit to read what effect my potion had after all because it goes by so fast I miss it.

2) A way to get back to the title screen without leaving the game.

3) Equipment & Magic, Bestiary and upcoming FAQ's all in-game (on the title screen).

4) Monster stats included in the Bestiary.

Just a few thoughts. How possible would they be do you think? (Apologies if you have already answered these things before :) )
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

Alichan wrote: 1) Reverse Scrolling Text - There are times when I miss what was written in the message display area of the game, especially during a fight. For example, I am in mid-battle, go into my inventory to look for something that can save me from pushing up the daisies, and choose an unknown potion (for arguments sake) and swallow it! At this moment the monster immediately retaliates, the text telling me so, scrolling along. It's then that I wish I could scroll back a bit to read what effect my potion had after all because it goes by so fast I miss it.
A big second on this! I've often missed some relevant text and later am trying to figure out what the heck happened. Did I just accidentally throw a potion of restore strength at that monster?
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

Maybe tapping and holding on the text area could bring up a full-screen history you could scroll through?
Linkie

Post by Linkie »

BigDrahma wrote:Maybe tapping and holding on the text area could bring up a full-screen history you could scroll through?

i love this idea :D :o
Alichan

Post by Alichan »

corhen wrote: 2)i want a way to see when im moving. in a single long room, the only way to tell you have moved is by looking at the minimap. could you have small differences on the ground? like periods and commas ( . , . , .)
I second this one. I've started to hone my movement skills by walking alot in diagonals, but it's quite fiddly to hit top right for example instead of top or right. With the whole (. , . ,) idea at least I would be able to see a bit easier if I had indeed moved diagonally without scanning my eye down to the map...