Discovered secrets

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
jdrake66

Re: Discovered secrets

Post by jdrake66 »

Couldn't you guys encrypt those names or something?
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

jdrake66 wrote:Couldn't you guys encrypt those names or something?
Way ahead of you ;)

Just had no idea we'd even need to bother! Glad that the secret characters are a hit though :lol:
SurgE

Post by SurgE »

I think drizzt is probably the cheapest secret char in the game. I am still quite a noob at rogue touch and I managed to descend all the way to level 33 and get the amulet without much effort using Drizzt.

1. His elfin armor don't rust, so u can stack quite a bit of enchant armor on it without worrying about about aquators rusting them
2. His freezing sword is quite imba against mobs, I can take down trolls and jabberwocks without problem.
3. He has night vision, which means he can avoid having to explore dark rooms to find doors
4. His ring of stealth makes avoiding dragons and such a very trivial task.

Having said that, I think he's a fun character to use if you're just starting out in rogue and find the default character a tad too difficult to use.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

SurgE wrote:I think drizzt is probably the cheapest secret char in the game. I am still quite a noob at rogue touch and I managed to descend all the way to level 33 and get the amulet without much effort using Drizzt.

1. His elfin armor don't rust, so u can stack quite a bit of enchant armor on it without worrying about about aquators rusting them
2. His freezing sword is quite imba against mobs, I can take down trolls and jabberwocks without problem.
3. He has night vision, which means he can avoid having to explore dark rooms to find doors
4. His ring of stealth makes avoiding dragons and such a very trivial task.

Having said that, I think he's a fun character to use if you're just starting out in rogue and find the default character a tad too difficult to use.
Yes, he and a certain norse god can be quite powerful... good for those new to the game who want a bit of relaxing fun, but not so much fun once you get the hang of things. With that said, we're changing up the balance a bit on these guys to try to make things more interesting! Full details will come later... Zakia may need to update a few characters in his post :lol:
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

CommanderData wrote:...With that said, we're changing up the balance a bit on these guys to try to make things more interesting! Full details will come later... Zakia may need to update a few characters in his post :lol:
Will do, thanks for the heads up ^_^
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Zyxt

Post by Zyxt »

Moar work for Zyxt, pl0x. I need to feel useful.

Oh, and I realized after I posted that KM probably meant Kobayashi Maru. Felt really smart. >_>
Peace and love,
~B/Z
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Zyxt wrote:Moar work for Zyxt, pl0x. I need to feel useful.

Oh, and I realized after I posted that KM probably meant Kobayashi Maru. Felt really smart. >_>
If you're bilingual, they need some people for translation sometime later, otherwise reporting things such as:
*Rants
*Bugs
*Ideas
*Complaints
Are all very helpful. Imput is probably the most important thing they need right now.
Just don't post anything you found via h4x anywhere. It kind of ruins the point of secret hunting.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Zyxt

Post by Zyxt »

I speak a decent amount of French, so I might be able to help with that?
Peace and love,
~B/Z
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Zyxt wrote:I speak a decent amount of French, so I might be able to help with that?

Code: Select all

http://forums.chronosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12
I think MTbrand has the best experience and may have started, but go ahead and tell an admin you're open.
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Thanks for the volunteers on translations :) we'll definitely be looking for those in the next couple of updates!

We'll be dropping hints on new characters after the weekend- probably a couple days after 1.3 hits... this time you'll probably need hints :D