Discovered secrets

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
DPCyric

Re: Discovered secrets

Post by DPCyric »

CommanderData wrote:With that said, we're changing up the balance a bit on these guys to try to make things more interesting!
I may avoid updating if this involves nerfs, the main reason I downloaded the game was because there are some powerful secret characters that have a very good chance of survival... I am really not a fan of perma-death and felt the game would be a little more Diablo like with some characters that aren't very fragile (never really been a fan of the Rogue-like genre to be honest).
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

DPCyric wrote:
CommanderData wrote:With that said, we're changing up the balance a bit on these guys to try to make things more interesting!
I may avoid updating if this involves nerfs, the main reason I downloaded the game was because there are some powerful secret characters that have a very good chance of survival... I am really not a fan of perma-death and felt the game would be a little more Diablo like with some characters that aren't very fragile (never really been a fan of the Rogue-like genre to be honest).

The changes we're making don't really alter the abilities of these characters as much as make the monsters a bit tougher for the wildly powerful guys like Neo, Thor, and so on. Its on a scale, so not every secret character is affected to the same degree. Actually, with guys like the ones I mentioned even these adjustments won't slow you down much :lol:

It's perfectly within your right to stay at a version level you're happy with of course :)

If you don't upgrade you'll eventually miss out on a lot of neat things though- probably a few dozen more secret characters, more new equipment, control upgrades, online leaderboards, shops, and more stuff like that- one of the features we're looking at will even be a way to cheat perma-death!

I'm glad you took a chance on the game though! I think the future additions will probably bring it even further into the territory of games you are familiar with and make it more enjoyable to more people :mrgreen:
DPCyric

Post by DPCyric »

CommanderData wrote:
DPCyric wrote:

The changes we're making don't really alter the abilities of these characters as much as make the monsters a bit tougher for the wildly powerful guys like Neo, Thor, and so on. Its on a scale, so not every secret character is affected to the same degree. Actually, with guys like the ones I mentioned even these adjustments won't slow you down much :lol:

It's perfectly within your right to stay at a version level you're happy with of course :)

If you don't upgrade you'll eventually miss out on a lot of neat things though- probably a few dozen more secret characters, more new equipment, control upgrades, online leaderboards, shops, and more stuff like that- one of the features we're looking at will even be a way to cheat perma-death!

I'm glad you took a chance on the game though! I think the future additions will probably bring it even further into the territory of games you are familiar with and make it more enjoyable to more people :mrgreen:
I believe shops will go a long way to making the game a little more "casual" friendly.

As for taken a chance on the game I decided that what you are doing here with Rogue Touch is worth my dollar even if I do not get a lot of mileage out of it. I can truly tell a labor of love when I see it and I will be looking forward to and buying any future releases you make.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

DPCyric wrote: I believe shops will go a long way to making the game a little more "casual" friendly.

As for taken a chance on the game I decided that what you are doing here with Rogue Touch is worth my dollar even if I do not get a lot of mileage out of it. I can truly tell a labor of love when I see it and I will be looking forward to and buying any future releases you make.
I agree that shops will take the sting out of the "randomness", you'll be able to fill in the blanks with your hard earned gold. It won't be just for scoring anymore :D Thank you very much for supporting us and our current/future games, we'll do our best to make games that are worth playing!
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Sweet......I'll have to try out some of those names. I just bought the game a couple of days ago.......never got to play the orginal but have heard of it ;)
weirdingway

Post by weirdingway »

Riddick is riddickulous. Starts with a +5+5? Also, a true nerd has some Dune secret characters.

Muad'Dib
12 hp, 15 str, +1+1 dagger of shield piercing, same clairvoyance abilities as Neo, and a ring of teleportation
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

weirdingway wrote:Riddick is riddickulous. Starts with a +5+5? Also, a true nerd has some Dune secret characters.

Muad'Dib
12 hp, 15 str, +1+1 dagger of shield piercing, same clairvoyance abilities as Neo, and a ring of teleportation
:mrgreen:

Oh yes, I think I may fall into that true nerd category... We haven't stopped adding characters of course! There's so many areas to draw from in movies, books, etc. Who know what you'll see after 1.3/1.4 :D
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

If I could ask, I saw 2 funny names on the test highscores outside of good 'Ol Rodney. Are those secret characters?

Name fragments:
G#########
A## ####
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Zakia wrote:If I could ask, I saw 2 funny names on the test highscores outside of good 'Ol Rodney. Are those secret characters?

Name fragments:
G#########
A## ####
Those are not secret characters, we just got bored with Rodney's name. I kinda like the second one, and may include it in the future though! :D There are actually several secrets I played as in the test DB that don't show up because it auto-filters them before displaying the list :mrgreen:

Soon all will be revealed!
weirdingway

Post by weirdingway »

Spill the beans folks! Update is out!