Re: Discovered secrets

Post by Zyxt »

Maybe Samurai Jack? ;D
Peace and love,
~B/Z
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

Shiren - Start with +1,+1 Longsword, Potion of Clairvoyance (pink) and Wand of cornucopia (6 charges).
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

BigDrahma wrote:Shiren - Start with +1,+1 Longsword, Potion of Clairvoyance (pink) and Wand of cornucopia (6 charges).
I swear to GOD I tried that in V1.

Credited.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Zakia wrote:
BigDrahma wrote:Shiren - Start with +1,+1 Longsword, Potion of Clairvoyance (pink) and Wand of cornucopia (6 charges).
I swear to GOD I tried that in V1.

Credited.
I'm sure you did try him.... It's not a memory thing- he wasn't there before :D
Zyxt

Post by Zyxt »

This is very entertaining. :D

Care to drop a few hints, CD? ;3
Peace and love,
~B/Z
xaric

Post by xaric »

I used a hex editor to look inside the executable, and believe I found a list. There are some missing (Neo), which do not appear in plain-text in the executable.

Shiren
Gareth
Dragonsbane
Drizzt
Thor
Aragorn
Gimli
Legolas
Gandalf
Frodo
KM
Conan
Riddick
Wolverine
Ironman
Hulk

I haven't tested all of them ... I'll leave them up to you.
plaidman

Post by plaidman »

Aww, that's no fun! If you do that for the next release, don't tell us. Just give us a few hints.
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

Agreed. It's much more fun to play around and find it rather than get a list given to us via reverse engineering.
Zyxt

Post by Zyxt »

xaric wrote:I used a hex editor to look inside the executable, and believe I found a list. There are some missing (Neo), which do not appear in plain-text in the executable.

Shiren
Gareth
Dragonsbane
Drizzt
Thor
Aragorn
Gimli
Legolas
Gandalf
Frodo
KM
Conan
Riddick
Wolverine
Ironman
Hulk

I haven't tested all of them ... I'll leave them up to you.
While I agree with Plaid and Dharma, since we have the list, I'll get to work on trying the new ones, and I'll have them posted in about...12 hours?

Edit: I have first impressions for the characters, but I'll post the in-depth stuff after I try them out some more.
Gareth- 12 hp, 20 str, blessed +2+2 two handed sword, +1 plate mail [ac 9], 1 food, 2 potions of extra healing, a ring of maintain armour.
Dragonsbane- nothing appears to be different.
KM- nothing appears to be different.
Ironman- 12 hp, 16 str, +1+1 mace, +2+2 flaming crossbow, +0+0 crossbow bolts (random amount), +1 plate mail [ac 9], 1 food, a ring of maintain armour.
Peace and love,
~B/Z
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Who knew that everyone would like this game and the idea of secret characters enough to use a Hex Editor? I guess I should've seen it coming since a lot of you are smart guys, and some of you are programmers too ;)

Please, anyone who takes a Hex Editor to upcoming releases, keep the results to yourself... or at best merely provide hints at who you found. It would really stink to put 8 or 10 new characters in the next version and have them spoiled 30 minutes after the update hits :P

Zakia, can you credit any of these that get proven functional to "Hex Edit"? :lol: