Updating Version Issues

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
LazySumo

Updating Version Issues

Post by LazySumo »

Commander... I was having an issue updating to 1.2, my iPhone kept saying that there was no update. I unloaded and reloaded about a dozen times, no help. Well I came back to your forums to poke around and I was thinking about posting a request asking if you could put the version number on the splash screen someplace. Before the only way I was determining the version was I didn't see any of the new features and I couldn't find the config panel to set that up. (You can guess where this is going!)

I found a thread on here showing where the config was (Under the iPhone's device config) and of course once I go there it tells me that my application is at 1.2 and 'lo and behold there are all the config options to turn on double taps, exp numbers, etc. It turns out, this all came down to a major case of operator head-gap.

So... about that version number on the splash screen... :mrgreen:
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Updating Version Issues

Post by CommanderData »

AHHHH! I see what you mean LazySumo!

I think we can accomodate that with no problem, and it is an excellent suggestion to boot!! Sorry that this was likely the cause of most of your update trouble. Please be aware that iTunes has been funny lately though, and you might notice attempts to downgrade you accidentally from the iPhone/iPod touch app store icon (as I mentioned in the touchArcade post). I wish us developers had some control over that, but we do not.

To apologize for the confusion, send me a PM and I can drop you an extra hint or two on the hidden secret characters :)
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Also, if you click on the version, can you display a changelog? I'd really like detailed changelogs that I can access easy.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Zakia wrote:Also, if you click on the version, can you display a changelog? I'd really like detailed changelogs that I can access easy.
I think changelogs would be a nice simple addition to the "info" button in the top right corner of the title screen. That scroll is basically a mini web page, we can extend it to cover all changelogs too :mrgreen: Another simple, but great idea! It'll help everyone keep organized and understand what's been going on if they miss an intermediate update.