RT crashed when vorpal-zapping a Wraith

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
mattlistener

RT crashed when vorpal-zapping a Wraith

Post by mattlistener »

I was in a hallway. To my north was a door with a Wraith in it. To my south was an empty hallway square, and to my se was another Wraith. Both were undamaged with no status effects. Neither had hit me yet. I had not yet zapped anything with my +3,+3 Mace of Wraith Slaying.

I tapped on my character, chose Zap, and hit the north arrow. I saw the white poof graphic on the north Wraith, saw scrolling text that I had defeated it, and then the app quit.

When I relaunched, I had reverted to having just arrived on the level.

Game version: 1.5.
Hardware: iPod Touch.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: RT crashed when vorpal-zapping a Wraith

Post by CommanderData »

Mattlistener, sorry to hear that you experienced a crash, but am glad that you were able to provide such a detailed account of what happened. I'm not aware of a specific bug with the vorpalize "zap" command right now, but will see if I can reproduce similar results. It probably is not attached to the Wraith in particular, but you never know!

Fortunately your re-entering the game at the start of the level was expected... if there is a crash we have an emergency save to fall back on, which is saved at the start of the level. :D

If you have not finished this particular game, can you try vorpal zapping another Wraith to see if it happens again?
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Silly question CD, but can a Wraith ever have an inventory (pick up items, be generated with items in tow)? My first thought was that maybe it was the intersection of:
1. Enemy standing in doorway
2. Enemy zap-killed via vorpalized weapon
3. Enemy carrying items (has an inventory), which should get dispersed when killed, but because of number 1, doesn't, and that causes a bomb somewhere...

My other thought, much simpler: mattlistener, when's the last time you rebooted your Touch?
mattlistener

Post by mattlistener »

That character is dead now, sorry. Touch was rebooted a few weeks ago.