Haste Potion on Death bug - Show-Stopper (v1.5)

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Nighthawk

Haste Potion on Death bug - Show-Stopper (v1.5)

Post by Nighthawk »

I'm one hit away from death, with nothing in my inventory that's going to prevent it. So, just for giggles, I drink a potion of haste self.
The trolls hits and kills me, but I don't get the whole red death / tombstone / info scroll screen. Instead:
IMG_0054[1].PNG
IMG_0054[1].PNG (35.92 KiB) Viewed 8965 times
Perhaps the game thinks that I still have one more move, due to the haste effects. Zoom functions still worked.
I didn't try moving from this position, but instead tried reading an unidentified scroll I had, just to see what would happen (thinking maybe I could still find out what it was, and then die).
The scroll-reading animation played normally, but no effect occurred on-screen or was mentioned in the comments. Instead:
IMG_0055[1].PNG
IMG_0055[1].PNG (38.96 KiB) Viewed 8964 times
Totally messed up stats (compare with first screen shot), and a show-stopper bug. Couldn't move, couldn't access inventory. The only way out was to quit the app via the hardware button.
Note: Zoom functions still worked, even though everything else didn't.

When I restarted the app and checked the Hall of Fame, it looks like my death was recorded properly (entry 6)...
IMG_0056[1].PNG
IMG_0056[1].PNG (215.17 KiB) Viewed 8963 times
...and there were no ill effects in starting my next game.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Haste Potion on Death bug - Show-Stopper (v1.5)

Post by CommanderData »

Wow, that is a very obscure bug! I suppose it's a good thing that it actually didn't affect your game, only the death sequence. More bizarre that the death was recorded even. I'll see if I can set up a situation like this and duplicate it... probably have to give myself some identified haste potions to start the game with! :D
Nighthawk

Re: Haste Potion on Death bug - Show-Stopper (v1.5)

Post by Nighthawk »

On the messed-up stats part, something just occurred to me. I can't account for the 20(18) strength part and the drastically reduced experience, but the rest:

Health: 73/73 - that's what it was when I entered the 15th floor.
Defense: 1 - that's what it was when I entered the 15th floor. I was wearing (+3 I think) banded mail when I started the floor, and immediately took it off (for reasons known to expert players with a certain style :ugeek:)
Gold: 2265 - which is what it should be, having just died (2517 * .9 = 2265), and was recorded properly on the Hall of Fame board. Not sure about the steps or monsters killed, as I don't keep track :-P (can we get those stats in the update, perhaps?)

So, some part of the save on floor change sequence may be part of it.