AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
NightOwl40

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Post by NightOwl40 »

I had an excellent Neo run going...... Dragonlord rank, 144 health, 25 strength, +2,+8 mace, gilded +4 spartan cuirass, +3 ring of protection, ring of slow digestion, 19 food rations, 2 mushrooms, 37 +2,+2 shocking shurikens, rings of stealth, disarm, and +2 damage.......was killing everything easily, even dragons. Everything was going right for a change..........until I went down the stairs to floor 25 and got sandbagged by a medusa's gaze right as I entered *swearing* :oops: I was sooooo close to actually getting to the amulet again :evil: Is there anything that cures confusion????? Or since the update is still in progress, maybe CD could add a ring of prevent confusion to the game ;)
MikeL

Re: AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Post by MikeL »

Seems you were getting set for a very good run so shame it didn't work out....Blessing potions will rid you of the confusion but otherwise it really is all about damage limitation until you have recovered....So teleport (or teleport away), paralyze, hold or use Cornucopia if you have it....for a really good deep run it is essential to have a blessed weapon which will remove the ability from Medusa once you hit her the first time....

Good luck with your next run..
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

It was an excellent run right up until the end........descended the stairs and when I appeared the medusa was right next to me and I got a message about her gaze had confused me #*?!@&*#+!! Didn't even have any potions of blessing or I would have used one. Still had the starting mace.....the only other enhanced weapon I'd gotten was those shurikens. I also had so much stuff in my pack that I was having to drop things.........I knew I shouldn't have dropped that teleportation scroll......or at least have picked it back up after using the enchant weapon and the unknown I'd dropped it to pick up. The unknown one turned out to be a protect armor......I'd switched into the cuirass just in case it was that one and was so happy I could use the kick-ass armor without fear of rust traps that I didn't go back for it :oops:
oldroguer

Post by oldroguer »

You may already know this, but you can still Throw and Zap when you're confused. It's only moving and hitting that are affected. I usually hang on to extra melee weapons, along with normal range weapons, just for this purpose.

Good luck next time!
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I didn't know that :shock: I just panicked.......I had a whole bunch of shurikens and some darts I could've used, too :oops: Oh well, better luck next time......or maybe not :P Ended up on the Worst Rogues list the other day. Still on there at #9 Xena, 142 moves, 3 kills, 71 gold, killed by a hobgoblin :roll:
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Proof that confusion does not equal death.

I was ascending for the first time. Surrounded by two Medusas, confused, thought it would be the end for sure. Decided I may as well fight to the end by throwing shurikens. Killed one but hardly any hp left for the other. Threw a few more - got down to single digit hp. Threw one more expecting it to be my last move then down to ONE SINGLE HIT POINT OF HEALTH. Threw my last shuriken and...

...went on to my first ever win. (Non-special character).
oldroguer

Post by oldroguer »

Congrats!