Dying on level 134 from an Emu?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Mister Fluff

Dying on level 134 from an Emu?

Post by Mister Fluff »

Dear Mr. Data,

I am writing to report a serious bug in your game, Rogue Touch. I am currently on level 134 with 9813 HP max. I have a +15/+12 Freezing Mace of Dragon Slaying and I'm wearing a +31 Spartan Cuirass. In going through a hallway, I found myself surrounded by a Vampire in front and a Vampire behind me. I had 2 charges on my Staff of Polymorph and so I used them on the Vampires - getting an Emu and a Rattlesnake instead. No problem, right? WRONG!

I am currently still surrounded by an Emu and a Rattlesnake, I have swung at them both a few thousand times, and have not hit either one a single time. Each time either one hits me, it only does a few points of damage, but I am currently down to double digits (out of nearly 10,000!), I am going to die on level 134 from an EMU, and thousands of weapon swings don't produce a single hit?

Seriously, that has to be a flaw in the low-level creature progression, because even if the chance was 1/1000, I should have hit it 3 or 4 times by now with my armour. Call it a bug report, call it a bummer of a way to end, but... SHEESH!
bindlewirdle

Re: Dying on level 134 from an Emu?

Post by bindlewirdle »

9,813 HP?

How did you get that?

I don't think this is a bug. The game is really about getting to level 26 and back out with the Amulet. Any extensions, cheats, etc are just bonuses for our amusement. And you must see the funny side of being pecked to death by an emu after all that effort.

Would you be more satisfied if a dragon came along and blasted you to death in a few sweet strokes?

I've just about run the course of a game I played as Neo. Six vorpalize scrolls: kestral, aquator(!!), venus fly-trap, bat, ur-vile and jabberwock (but on the only weapon I found for 20 levels, a spear, by which point my super-duper war hammer was blasting them in 3/4 hits anyway). I really was hoping for vampire or medusa but no such luck.

And then the game crashes every time I try to descend another level. Ah well, as Vonnegut said, so it goes...
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Well, you ran into an interesting "bug" as it were! :lol:

I am pretty sure I know why you couldn't hit them, and it was due to the way Polymorph recalculates a monster's stats based on the floor you're on... You might be able to see where this is going. The monster's armor class was probably something along the lines of -80 by my calculations, which means a +15 weapon would have no hope of hitting it! :mrgreen:

Probably wise to lay off the polymorph wand/staff after about floor 50 for now. I can alter this behavior in the next update, but the ease of gaining HP will be gone as well, so I'm not sure if you will want to download the update. As I said in another thread here this morning, there will be increased rewards on deeper floors now, to go along with the increased risk once the HP and level dancing loopholes are closed.
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

If you need any beta testers i would be more than happy to help!! :D :D