Enhanced Weapons

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
bindlewirdle

Enhanced Weapons

Post by bindlewirdle »

Can someone please explain just exactly the benefits of freezing, shocking, blessed etc. I get the super-duper animations (love 'em) and the effects of freezing monsters etc, but against which monsters are these effects particularly effective?

Also, when I have a +2/+2 weapon I know that my dexterity and damage are increased (as well as if I have a +x ring of increase damage). My question is - how are these increments used in hit calculations? For example, a Battle Axe is 5d2 so can do damage of between 5 and 10 so if the weapon is +2 damage, does the weapon become 5d4 (range 5-20) or 5d2+2 (range 7-12)?
Nighthawk

Re: Enhanced Weapons

Post by Nighthawk »

bindlewirdle wrote:Can someone please explain just exactly the benefits of freezing, shocking, blessed etc. I get the super-duper animations (love 'em) and the effects of freezing monsters etc, but against which monsters are these effects particularly effective?
Freezing: may "hold" the monster for a period of time, preventing them from taking any action. Clearly, this isn't of much use against Ice Monsters.
Shocking: straight-up additional damage (search around the forum, I think there's a thread that says how *much* extra damage)
Blessed: removes monster's special abilit(y/ies) upon successful strike. Great for removing Wraith and Vampire abilities.

IIRC, the to-hit number translates to (to-hit * 10)% chance of successful strike resulting in the activation of freezing and shock (eg. +2/+2 freezing = 20% chance of freeze triggering). I think (please correct me if wrong) that blessed weapons trigger 100% on a successful strike.
bindlewirdle wrote:Also, when I have a +2/+2 weapon I know that my dexterity and damage are increased (as well as if I have a +x ring of increase damage). My question is - how are these increments used in hit calculations? For example, a Battle Axe is 5d2 so can do damage of between 5 and 10 so if the weapon is +2 damage, does the weapon become 5d4 (range 5-20) or 5d2+2 (range 7-12)?
Bonus damage is *always* added after the die roll(s), so 7-12 would be correct.