Future Game Requests

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Mbrandt21

Future Game Requests

Post by Mbrandt21 »

Please post any Game requests here, I'm sure commanderdata would've eventually done a "future game requests" post anyway, but I feel that the forums need this now because i've already seen about 3 or 4 users suggest games.

So yeah, if you have any games you want to suggest, post them here, and commanderdata will hopefully see them.

Personnally, I would like to see a version of Gauntlet for the iphone/ipodtouch.
Zakia

Re: Future Game Requests

Post by Zakia »

A port of "Rivers Of Light"

Really neat and well researched game! Tad short, and a tad shallow, but I can live.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Mbrandt21

Post by Mbrandt21 »

Possibly a port of the 3rd final fantasy tactics, except for call it something else like "touchtactics" so you don't get sued.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

CD has told me he really liked Gauntlet way back when!

We had never heard of "Rivers Of Light", but looking that up reveals it could be quite neat :D

Finally, a strategy/tactics game of some sort has been on our minds since we started Rogue Touch. It would never be able to be based on an existing property like Final Fantasy of course, but the iPhone just screams out for something along those lines :lol:
Mbrandt21

Post by Mbrandt21 »

Yeah final fantasy tactics would be a great game for the iphone, but I recently found a flash game on the internet called murloc rpg, it's pretty simple and repetitive and the site that made it was shut down :o , overall it's a great game anyway. But if you remade with a more interesting storyline, possibly 3d world (currently its a simple left and right rpg), more items and better character models (i know it's alot to do :lol: ) and improved the fighting engine. It would be a pretty good game for the iphone.

http://www.gamerdisclaimer.com/forum/murloc.php

check it out! ^^
maybe some time in the future if you have some extra time, you can remake this as kind of a trial project.
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

If you're more curious about RoL, Unplayed made a really awesome playthrough of it. It's rather a short game and more of a story than game.

More ideas:

*Already said RoL

One I just can't keep shut is an Iji port. Iji is a recently finished game by Daniel Remar, and quite possibly one of the best Indie games I've played (<--- Ex indie-game reviewer). Trailer.

My second idea would be a simple Castlevania/Metroidvania, with a control similar to Rick Ricketson.

I really doubt FFT is practical, since a different final fantasy themed strategy game (TD) was made, and it was official. For any specific turn based strategy needs, Reign of Swords is an EXCELLENT game. It's just not practical to do.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Pretty much any game that currently exists as a license or franchise is right out, but they can be used for ideas. I can say that anything we take on as a new project is going to be 2-D, with roots in the retro style... because that's what we love!

One of my personal favorite handheld games was the Advance Wars series on the GBA and DS...

There's a good possibility we'd do our own spin on a "Wars" style game before the end of the year... No it wouldn't be Advance Wars, but it would have a similar strategy and be made for easy pick-up-and-play in short bursts. That's one that will scream for multi-player and online scoreboards, so we will be using Rogue Touch as a test bed for those types of things this year :mrgreen: