Question about weapons

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
scbrain

Question about weapons

Post by scbrain »

Dear All,

I have found that this is true: if I am carrying 8 ordinary daggers, and then I find a second batch of daggers, the second batch with a special ability, such as flaming or shocking, then all of the daggers, including the ones I was holding before, take on the special ability. Thus, although I only found, for instance 8 shocking daggers, it turns out that all 20 I have found have this ability.

My question: if I have 10 shocking daggers, and then I find 8 freezing daggers, will I then have 18 freezing, shocking daggers? Can the abilities stack in this way?

SCBrain
Jim2wheels

Re: Question about weapons

Post by Jim2wheels »

scbrain,

This has been discussed before a while back. I think the conclusion from CD was that yes they do stack, but what should happen is your best daggers (lets say ones with shocking ability) will always be used first, when they run out you older ones (with normal attributes) will then show up. Saying that i have never used more than 10 or so in any one time so never had the chance to test the theory. If it proves not to be the case then it is a bug, which will probably be ironed out in 1.6.

As far as i am aware attributes do not stack, the odds of you finding two lots of the same weapon with magical abilities like freezing, shocking etc in the same game are huge. I have probably played well over 300 games with a good handful going well past level 40 and it has never occurred, in fact i can probably count on one hand the times i have found 2 magical weapons of any description in one game.
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I just had a run where I picked up a dozen +2+2 freezing darts, then a few floors later got 10 +2+2 shocking darts.......it showed them all as freezing in my inventory and they did have that effect when I tried them out on a few monsters. I recovered all the ones I used but had not come anywhere near using all the freezing ones yet when I lobbed a few at a griffon on the 19th floor........first one froze it, second did also plus did the shocking damage animation ;) I was laughing so hard at this unexpected ocurrance that I forgot to keep attacking and the griffon stomped my ass :lol: I guess the special effects DO stack :D
LdC

Post by LdC »

+2/+2 freezing darts helped me big time on my first winning run :D