Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Bug Reports

Post by CommanderData »

Nighthawk- That's an interesting theory, boolean logic can do funny stuff like that if you're not careful ;)

Ace Pumpkin- The pit trap was one you had NOT previously discovered either? If so then it appears there may have been *two* opposing bugs with the scroll of safe passage. I can confirm that it did "hide" previously known traps without disarming them. That looks to have been fixed, unless someone has evidence to the contrary. Will be looking at this issue since I have a version 1.53 update nearing submission (in the next day or two).
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Ace Pumpkin wrote:I was using 1.5.2 and my normal character was on Level 5. I was fully zoomed out (smallest icons). The character read an unidentified scroll, then the message said "You hear clicking sounds..." etc. He moved, but soon fell in a previously undiscovered pit trap in a different room. Should that have been able to happen?

Reading this again, you are stating the pit trap was unknown to you prior to reading the scroll. Have to pay more attention I guess! One other thought, do you recall where the trap was in relation to the doors of the room? Was it just inside or within one step of a door, or randomly in the middle of the room somewhere? I'm following a lead that may depend on the answer to that :D
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

And to continue talking to myself... I think it all makes sense now. Since you fell into a pit trap, and pit traps are a trap type of ZERO in my trap list, I was able to go back and see we were clearing the trap type value (to 0), but not the trap "flag bit". This had an interesting side effect... Any hidden/undiscovered trap was actually turned into a PIT TRAP instead of being disarmed, even if it was something else before you read the scroll!

Stupid logical AND vs OR condition... I'll go flog myself now :lol:
Ace Pumpkin

Post by Ace Pumpkin »

CommanderData wrote:Stupid logical AND vs OR condition... I'll go flog myself now :lol:
Noooo! I should think the change to iOS 4 would be torment enough. I'm just glad I was able to provide enough information.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Ace Pumpkin wrote:
CommanderData wrote:Stupid logical AND vs OR condition... I'll go flog myself now :lol:
Noooo! I should think the change to iOS 4 would be torment enough. I'm just glad I was able to provide enough information.
Yep, iOS 4 has been a headache. What does not kill me makes me stronger though!! :lol:

Your feedback combined with Nighthawk's help have allowed me to advance quite a bit. Fixed some more flaws and actually added enough new stuff that we'll be jumping to version 1.6 soon ;)
Pugachov

Re: Bug Reports- alive with negative hit points

Post by Pugachov »

I am on 1.5.2 and have been playing Rogue Touch since the beginning. I had game where I was killed on level 18, it was a frustrating death so I quit my game before the death screen played. When I later opened rogue touch I was able to reload my game with negative 3 hit points, run from the phantom and eventually heal up. I did this multiple times again on level 20 where I was confused by a medusa's gaze and surrounded by monsters. I kept reloading and at negative hit points and was able to get off one or two actions before I would be hit and killed again. I got down to negative 160 hit points before I messed up hitting the home button to quit and I could no longer reload my game. It is a sweet, sweet glitch!
CommanderData
Site Admin

Re: Bug Reports- alive with negative hit points

Post by CommanderData »

Pugachov wrote:I am on 1.5.2 and have been playing Rogue Touch since the beginning. I had game where I was killed on level 18, it was a frustrating death so I quit my game before the death screen played. When I later opened rogue touch I was able to reload my game with negative 3 hit points, run from the phantom and eventually heal up. I did this multiple times again on level 20 where I was confused by a medusa's gaze and surrounded by monsters. I kept reloading and at negative hit points and was able to get off one or two actions before I would be hit and killed again. I got down to negative 160 hit points before I messed up hitting the home button to quit and I could no longer reload my game. It is a sweet, sweet glitch!
Let me guess, you drank a potion when you "died" the first time on level 18? If so, I found and fixed that problem for the next update. If not, what was it that got you? You quit before the death screen, meaning that you pressed the home button. Was the device running iOS 4, or an older one? 3.x? Jailbroken? Details are important :D
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Pugachov,

Just to confirm, you were able to do this on version 1.52? Which OS and what kind of device were you on? Any other details you remember? For example, what do you mean when you say "reload my game" -- what specific actions did you take?

Edit - CD beat me to it... what he said! :D
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Nighthawk wrote:Pugachov,

Just to confirm, you were able to do this on version 1.52? Which OS and what kind of device were you on? Any other details you remember? For example, what do you mean when you say "reload my game" -- what specific actions did you take?

Yeah, I think we're thinking the same thing here. Hopefully it's the potion issue. If not, it'd be really hard to time that just right!

I think we can come up with a quick solution upon reloading the game. Doubt that this would work on iOS 4 with version 1.6 since it would simply go into the background when home is pressed, and then resume the death fade when you pull it back up.
Pugachov

Post by Pugachov »

Nighthawk wrote:Pugachov,

iPhone 3gs. version 4.0. And yes version 1.52 Look at Severus Snape in the leaderbaords. Those are all the same game. You will soon see another one called "Lizesan" on the leaderboards. Same situation, one game, one character multiple deaths. To clarify If I hit the home button after I get killed but before the death screen plays and then re-open rogue touch I can resume the game with a character who has negative hit points. My current game with Lizesan now seems stuck... nothing is attacking me. I have killed multiple dragons and vampires that do not fight back. Let me know if you want any more info, screenshots etc.