Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
MikeL

Re: Bug Reports

Post by MikeL »

CD - Not sure if this has already been reported but just to be sure...if you wear a ring of add strenght with lets say +5 and you already have 27 strenght it takes you to the 31 max. However if you then remove that ring your actual strenght will drop down to 26/27. So you will have to take a restore strength to get back to where you were. I assume that if you were at 30 and wore/remove the same ring your actual health would drop down to 25/30. I wouldn't think this is the intended approach.

Anyway if this is in fact a bug and you are planning one final version then it may be worth fixing.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

MikeL wrote:CD - Not sure if this has already been reported but just to be sure...if you wear a ring of add strenght with lets say +5 and you already have 27 strenght it takes you to the 31 max. However if you then remove that ring your actual strenght will drop down to 26/27. So you will have to take a restore strength to get back to where you were. I assume that if you were at 30 and wore/remove the same ring your actual health would drop down to 25/30. I wouldn't think this is the intended approach.

Anyway if this is in fact a bug and you are planning one final version then it may be worth fixing.
That definitely sounds like a legit problem there! I will look into it for the next release, which should happen here in January! I can't promise anything earth shattering in the update, but there will be a number of minor corrections and a few new interesting features and items :mrgreen:
RavenWorks

Post by RavenWorks »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it's a pretty significant (if rare) one...

I had (luckily) just started a new game, and was descending the first set of stairs (literally; the animation was in the middle of playing) when a call came in. I had my little phone call, and then when I re-launched and resumed the game, I was at the START of the first level, as though nothing had happened! The level was exactly as I remembered it (same scrolls, etc), but it was as though I hadn't played; the whole map was blank, and I was level 1 again.

To be honest I'm not sure if this happens every time a phone call interrupts the game or what, but giving the player a do-over on the entire level seems like too exploitable a behaviour to actually be intentional. ;)

iPhone 3GS 32 GB
3.1.3 (7E18)
Not jailbroken
RavenWorks

Post by RavenWorks »

This one's a bit more of an oversight than a bug....

I had just read an unidentified scroll. Unfortunately, the effects scrolled out of the display immediately, because I was also wearing a ring of searching, and in the same turn it told me that I "noticed something scrawled on the wall". :P

So basically, it would be good for situations like that if there were a way to view the backlog!(Or maybe if there were a 'tap to continue' if more than two lines worth of 'news' happens at once? Whichever's simpler!)
Drockle

Post by Drockle »

I'm noticing in the OS4 updated version that sometimes monsters don't move to attack you, even if you've attacked them. They will attack back, but sometimes not chase you.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Drockle wrote:I'm noticing in the OS4 updated version that sometimes monsters don't move to attack you, even if you've attacked them. They will attack back, but sometimes not chase you.
Yeah, version 1.51 definitely has a problem (if you look in the iOS4 thread here, you can see mention of the issue) and a fix is already submitted. Also edited the iTunes description, update description, and even left a review explaining the problem just to cover the bases :mrgreen:

Apple has contacted me about my v1.52 hotfix, so I am hopeful that we will see it arrive much sooner than later ;)
Drockle

Increased hunger as you advance?

Post by Drockle »

On my prior post...oof, sorry I missed the earlier posts about monster attacks. Embarrassment.

On another note, I've noticed for a while that I seem to go through foods faster as I level down. A food lasts roughly 3 levels at the start, but seems to get me through barely a single level when I'm deep in the teens...

Is there an intended mechanic to increase food burn the stronger/more burdened/higher level/deeper down you are?

Or is this just my imagination?
CommanderData
Site Admin

Re: Increased hunger as you advance?

Post by CommanderData »

Drockle wrote:On my prior post...oof, sorry I missed the earlier posts about monster attacks. Embarrassment.

On another note, I've noticed for a while that I seem to go through foods faster as I level down. A food lasts roughly 3 levels at the start, but seems to get me through barely a single level when I'm deep in the teens...

Is there an intended mechanic to increase food burn the stronger/more burdened/higher level/deeper down you are?

Or is this just my imagination?
No big deal, I figured even with my broad coverage of the subject that people would miss that detail. I even considered pulling the game, but figured it would be better to leave it up so I can use the iTunes description and reviews to reach more people :D

Hope to get another status update from Apple today, fingers crossed ;)

On Hunger: There is no mechanic like the one you mention in place. Some of these may be obvious to you, but I figured I would throw out some suggestions that would explain the perception of getting hungry faster as you progress deeper into the dungeon:

1) Seaching and resting more often due to more secret doors and tougher battles on deeper floors
2) Finding and wearing rings that you didn't start out with
3) Finding and wearing a Spartan Cuirass
Ace Pumpkin

Post by Ace Pumpkin »

I was using 1.5.2 and my normal character was on Level 5. I was fully zoomed out (smallest icons). The character read an unidentified scroll, then the message said "You hear clicking sounds..." etc. He moved, but soon fell in a previously undiscovered pit trap in a different room. Should that have been able to happen?
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

That was supposedly fixed in v1.51, so yep, sounds like a bug.

Do you happen to remember any other items you had equipped at the time (weapon, armor, rings)? My only thought there is if by some coincidence you were wearing a Ring of Disarming and then read the scroll it caused some kind of "double negative" switch (even though that's not how the Ring of Disarming is supposed to work).