Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Jim2wheels

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Jim2wheels »

Elric wrote:Just finished a run where I died on level 56 and had to replay the damn level 3 times because of crashing back to the home screen. The bad thing was that I would keep crashing in the room with the stairs. On the third try to make it to level 57 I ended up dying so boo hoo for crashes. Btw I had a ring of searching as well and have been experienceing random crashes in maybe 10 of the last 40 games I have played. From reading through what others have posted though it makes sense now as all my dives have been deeper lately so there are more traps and a higher chance of two traps being layed on top of each other. Glad someone figured it out.
I had similar issues, and i found that if i removed the ring of searching after it crashed in a particular room, i could get where i was going and then put the ring back on once i had cleared the room that crashed the game.

Well done on the big run!
kjmph

Post by kjmph »

Hi, I have used the scroll of safe passage in 1.5 and twice then stepped on a trap on that level. One was a rust trap, and one was a trap door. :( I believe this is a bug, unless the scroll of safe passage doesn't unlock *everything*.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Kjmph, that does indeed sound like a bug you have found there. The scroll of safe passage should clear out EVERYTHING bad on the floor. I guess it's a good thing that I have not finished an update yet, as I have time to find details like this and fix them. Thank you very much for finding this, if you can determine how to reproduce it, let me know.
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Kjmph, how deep in the dungeon were you when these happened? CD, could they be related to the trap-stacking bug, or was that fixed already?
oldroguer

Post by oldroguer »

I have definitely seen the safe passage bug as well on at least two occassions. I'll report specifics (dungeon level, etc) if it happens again.
acadian3

Post by acadian3 »

If you are held by a venus flytrap you can still descend stairs.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

acadian3 wrote:If you are held by a venus flytrap you can still descend stairs.
That is a very good catch! I don't think I've ever been in a position to see that happen... But of course I will add that to my "fix list" for the next update :D
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I've recently had the game crash after tapping the "i" button on the opening screen......both times it's happened just after uploading my Hall of Fame(more like infamy since I'm on the worst list right now), then tried to go check to see if I made onto any of the lists.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

NightOwl40 wrote:I've recently had the game crash after tapping the "i" button on the opening screen......both times it's happened just after uploading my Hall of Fame(more like infamy since I'm on the worst list right now), then tried to go check to see if I made onto any of the lists.
This is most likely a low memory condition, when you play a game or two there are screens that I keep in RAM after the character's death so I don't need to recreate them if you start another new game. If you go into the info page on first opening up RT, it is probably fine, but after playing and having this extra memory in use it would probably be enough to crash it out (especially if you use Mail and Safari on your iPod or iPhone :D ). Note that people with a 3GS may not see this because of the additional RAM.

The new game will have a different architecture based on what I've learned here to help make this type of thing unlikely. :ugeek:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

CommanderData wrote:
NightOwl40 wrote:I've recently had the game crash after tapping the "i" button on the opening screen......both times it's happened just after uploading my Hall of Fame(more like infamy since I'm on the worst list right now), then tried to go check to see if I made onto any of the lists.
This is most likely a low memory condition, when you play a game or two there are screens that I keep in RAM after the character's death so I don't need to recreate them if you start another new game. If you go into the info page on first opening up RT, it is probably fine, but after playing and having this extra memory in use it would probably be enough to crash it out (especially if you use Mail and Safari on your iPod or iPhone :D ). Note that people with a 3GS may not see this because of the additional RAM.

The new game will have a different architecture based on what I've learned here to help make this type of thing unlikely. :ugeek:
It happened on my iPhone 3GS 16Gb..... and I do use Mail and Safari, but only have about 4Gb of apps on it-no music or movies, unlike my iTouch. Yeah, I did go in after having just died both times it's crashed, so that's probably why :geek: