Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Bug Reports

Post by CommanderData »

Pugachov wrote:iPhone 3gs. version 4.0. And yes version 1.52 Look at Severus Snape in the leaderbaords. Those are all the same game. You will soon see another one called "Lizesan" on the leaderboards. Same situation, one game, one character multiple deaths. To clarify If I hit the home button after I get killed but before the death screen plays and then re-open rogue touch I can resume the game with a character who has negative hit points. My current game with Lizesan now seems stuck... nothing is attacking me. I have killed multiple dragons and vampires that do not fight back. Let me know if you want any more info, screenshots etc.
Ahhah! Thank you for that info. There is definitely something strange with 1.52 on iOS 4, because I can replicate that effect on my iPhone 4 too. The good news, or perhaps bad news for you and anyone who wants to exploit it, is the problem no longer occurs in version 1.6 :lol:

I think it has to do with the fact that on iOS 4 "applicationWillTerminate:" is not sent anymore, usually only "applicationDidEnterBackground:". Any app or game not set up for proper fast-app switching and multitasking will lock up in the background and remain on your "open background apps" list (the one you see when you double click the home button). Version 1.52 is not set up for iOS 4 multitasking, but Version 1.6 is :mrgreen:

So, the bug is already fixed. That was easy! Version 1.6 will probably get submitted to Apple tonight or tomorrow once I'm sure there is nothing else substantially odd going on in its digital bowels. :ugeek:
Waladil

Post by Waladil »

Annoying skelly glitch:
I wan on lvl 31 and I encountered a skeleton, and tried to loot, and it attacks me. I kill it, find epic loot, and am very confused, so I go to the forums to read and find out it was my stuff from an older game (I'm still a little new). So I say cool and go back to RT. I'm at the beginning of the level. (Thats happened to me a few times now, it doesn't save properly on quit. I know about the exploit, but I sure didn't use it.) Now I'm thinking crap. I go back to the skelly, loot again... And crash. So I read this thread, restart iPhone, reload; crash. I've saved right by the skelly so I can reproduce it. Crash every time. I think what happened is that I looted it, and the game took note that Charcter A skeleton has been looted --do not respawn it later. Then it didn't save my full game, and when I went to the skelly again, it got a null-pointer exception (function: Loot(skelly A) error: Skelly A does not exist).)

It's not a major issue, because it only matters when you get sent back to the start of the level. And that only matters on some other glitch (methinks low memory) or to cheaters, and when they loot a skelly twice. This char could really use the +7 banded mail he got b4 the crash, tho... ( that game had gain strength and enchant armor galore. This one is identify and enchant weapon galore.)

EDIT: I just level-danced a bit, whipped out a scroll of Magic Map, and thouroughly searched that same level. I left no square unchecked, and no skelly. So the game got the message but the saved map didn't.
Also, this is an iPhone 3G, jailbroken, and I did restart, using OS3. I think it's your code in this case, tho.
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Waladil wrote:EDIT: I just level-danced a bit, whipped out a scroll of Magic Map, and thouroughly searched that same level. I left no square unchecked, and no skelly. So the game got the message but the saved map didn't. Also, this is an iPhone 3G, jailbroken, and I did restart, using OS3. I think it's your code in this case, tho.
Oddly enough, I got this same bug in my last game, but I'm on a 3GS, iOS 4.0.1... so the good news is it's hardware independent and not something that iOS4 is responsible for.

Regarding the level dancing, the "bones" files (skeletons) are only available on the level they appear the first time. Rouge Touch does not save its position for the purposes of looting on the way out of the dungeon (or at least, I've never seen it).

Also, congrats on getting to floor 31! Was that with a standard character, or a secret one?
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Waladil, Nighthawk, I have confirmed reports of bugs with items in the "bones" packs, but have been unable to reproduce or pinpoint it here. Everyone: If you're jailbroken (as Waladil), and run across this type of crash after looting your corpse, you should have a method of accessing the files in the Rogue Touch document folder and sending them to me. If not jailbroken, you might be able to do the same thing with a program called "iPhone Explorer".

I urge anyone that sees this happening, try to grab the save game data and alert me ;)
Waladil

Post by Waladil »

First off, I've only gotten past level twenty or so with Neo. The corpse I was looting -- also Neo.
Now I gotta learn how to acess these files CD speaks of.. My phone is jb'd, but my OS and such are all bog-standard.
Sinister Stairs

Latest update wipes out current game

Post by Sinister Stairs »

Upgrading to the latest version today wiped out my current game.

No option to Resume Game (greyed out), New Game remembered the character name of the game I had been playing, yet no Hall of Fame (I haven't surpassed the default).
CommanderData
Site Admin

Re: Latest update wipes out current game

Post by CommanderData »

Sinister Stairs wrote:Upgrading to the latest version today wiped out my current game.

No option to Resume Game (greyed out), New Game remembered the character name of the game I had been playing, yet no Hall of Fame (I haven't surpassed the default).
Sorry about that, forgot to paste in the usual warning, but it was actually intended to erase the saved game upon update. The technical reason: if the update did not remove the in-progress game, the function pointers in your save game no longer point to the correct offset in the app (due to changes in my code). Resuming a saved game like that would crash immediately... I've auto-deleted saves every update since v1.1 in March 2009 to protect against this. Again, sorry about the lack of warning :oops:
Sinister Stairs

Post by Sinister Stairs »

Thanks for the explanation -- this has been my first update. Fortunately "Rogue" was only on level 10 :)
RavenWorks

Post by RavenWorks »

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.0.1, no jailbreak, RT 1.6 : Status text hangs below where it's possible to see! i.e., status messages all arrive late.

1) I pick up a scroll. The status says nothing.
2) I pick up some gold. The status says I picked up a scroll.
3) I walk around for a while. The status section suddenly says I picked up some gold.

It seems like the latest line is appearing below what's visible, and has to be scrolled into view by a later event (or autoscrolling).
RavenWorks

Post by RavenWorks »

Also: changing your settings doesn't do anything until the game is removed from multitasking.

1) I launch the game. I notice that the update enabled double-tap fast-travel.
2) I tap my home button. I go to my settings app, and disable it.
3) I tap the Rogue Touch icon. The game resumes precisely where I was. Double-tap fast-travel is still enabled.
4) I tap my home button. I open the multitasking menu, and remove Rogue Touch from it.
5) I tap the Rogue Touch icon. The game opens with its loading screen. When I load my save file, Double-tap fast-travel is disabled.

(iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.0.1, no jailbreak, RT 1.6)

Although while I'm here, I might as well say that 1.6 runs much faster than 1.52! So thanks for that :)