Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
lr100

Re: Bug Reports

Post by lr100 »

Found a nasty bug today. Got caught in a sleep trap and at the same time was hit by an ice monster blast. When the sleep wore off I fought the ice monster, but the ice icon never went away even when fighting or after I killed it. I was able to move around the dungeon with the ice on me but couldn't use inventory and couldn't go down stairs. I am attaching a screenshot:
IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0002.PNG (27.5 KiB) Viewed 91169 times
lr100

Post by lr100 »

lr100 wrote:Found a nasty bug today. Got caught in a sleep trap and at the same time was hit by an ice monster blast. When the sleep wore off I fought the ice monster, but the ice icon never went away even when fighting or after I killed it. I was able to move around the dungeon with the ice on me but couldn't use inventory and couldn't go down stairs. I am attaching a screenshot:
The attachment IMG_0002.PNG is no longer available
Here is another image, maybe it helps
Attachments
IMG_0001.PNG
IMG_0001.PNG (28.26 KiB) Viewed 91168 times
lr100

Post by lr100 »

One other bug/feature request to do with multitap to move. In addition to being too sensitive (IMO of course) I think there is another bug with the implementation of double tap. Its good that it stops when you get to doors. But it doesn't stop when you get to hallway branches, like in the mazes. So it just runs past all the intersections which is really a problem. It should stop at all intersections the way it does for all doors.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

lr100 wrote:Found a nasty bug today. Got caught in a sleep trap and at the same time was hit by an ice monster blast. When the sleep wore off I fought the ice monster, but the ice icon never went away even when fighting or after I killed it. I was able to move around the dungeon with the ice on me but couldn't use inventory and couldn't go down stairs.
Wow, that's an ugly little bug. Thank you for the detailed report of that... I will see if I can try to duplicate that problem here and find the solution ASAP. Funny how some weird combos have unintended effects!
lr100 wrote:One other bug/feature request to do with multitap to move. In addition to being too sensitive (IMO of course) I think there is another bug with the implementation of double tap. Its good that it stops when you get to doors. But it doesn't stop when you get to hallway branches, like in the mazes. So it just runs past all the intersections which is really a problem. It should stop at all intersections the way it does for all doors.
Your multi-tap and fast play issues will be fixed sooner than you can know ;) We already have an update submitted with Apple that should be approved by Friday with any luck. In that update we heavily modified the double tap sensitivity so that you don't take off running at a moment's notice. Also improved was stopping directly at doors instead of one space before if you were coming up at it from the side, and you will also stop running at any hallway branch or intersection!

Hows that for fast turnaround? :lol:

You can read more about that update in the Version 1.2/ Roadmap announcement at the top of the forum!
lr100

Post by lr100 »

CommanderData wrote:
lr100 wrote:Found a nasty bug today. Got caught in a sleep trap and at the same time was hit by an ice monster blast. When the sleep wore off I fought the ice monster, but the ice icon never went away even when fighting or after I killed it. I was able to move around the dungeon with the ice on me but couldn't use inventory and couldn't go down stairs.
Wow, that's an ugly little bug. Thank you for the detailed report of that... I will see if I can try to duplicate that problem here and find the solution ASAP. Funny how some weird combos have unintended effects!
lr100 wrote:One other bug/feature request to do with multitap to move. In addition to being too sensitive (IMO of course) I think there is another bug with the implementation of double tap. Its good that it stops when you get to doors. But it doesn't stop when you get to hallway branches, like in the mazes. So it just runs past all the intersections which is really a problem. It should stop at all intersections the way it does for all doors.
Your multi-tap and fast play issues will be fixed sooner than you can know ;) We already have an update submitted with Apple that should be approved by Friday with any luck. In that update we heavily modified the double tap sensitivity so that you don't take off running at a moment's notice. Also improved was stopping directly at doors instead of one space before if you were coming up at it from the side, and you will also stop running at any hallway branch or intersection!

Hows that for fast turnaround? :lol:

You can read more about that update in the Version 1.2/ Roadmap announcement at the top of the forum!
Wow, thats awesome. Thanks! This is by far the most fun I have had playing a game on the iPhone. I just wish I could actualy win it!
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Ok, we just figured out how this could happen! Asleep and Frozen at the same time... this unfortunate status will be known from here on out as "The lr100 Effect"... :lol: I compiled a fix into my test version now, so it will end up in version 1.3 (since 1.2 release is imminent) along with whatever else we decide to toss in there ;)
lr100

Post by lr100 »

I got a line of text while playing 1.1 today: message from the god's "Low Memory". Don't know why I got it, I hadn't been doing anything on the phone except playing Rogue.
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

lr100 wrote:I got a line of text while playing 1.1 today: message from the god's "Low Memory". Don't know why I got it, I hadn't been doing anything on the phone except playing Rogue.
Low Memory warnings can happen for many reasons, usually something else that's running in the background consumes too much extra RAM. I forget, are you on an iPhone or Touch? The iPhone uses more RAM to support the phone and texting services on top of things that run on an iPod Touch... A simple reboot will eliminate that problem :)

PS- we to put in the message from the gods as kind of a joke, but liked it enough that it stuck...
lr100

1.2 Bugs

Post by lr100 »

Ok, downloaded 1.2 and have been playing for awhile now. The double tap to move is *way* better now, thank you! No more accidentally running past things. Overall it looks good. I have found two problems though:

1) Monsters tend to disappear when you run away from them. Started noticing this now. Here are screen shots to illustrate the problem:
IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0002.PNG (27.69 KiB) Viewed 91137 times
IMG_0003.PNG
IMG_0003.PNG (29.25 KiB) Viewed 91136 times
I am running down the hall and the slime disappears even though its there two squares back. In the next screen shot, I move back one square so you can see that the slime is really there. This makes it so you can't shoot arrows and such because the monster doesn't show up.

2) Double tap to run has one problem left. If you are in a corridor that is two units wide instead of the regular one unit, double tap will never run in one direction. It will just advance one spot and stop. Also enclosing a screen shot of that here:
IMG_0004.PNG
IMG_0004.PNG (21.47 KiB) Viewed 91135 times
Tried it several times to make sure that it was indeed a bug.
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

Hey CD (v1.2...so this time the update was REAL and not the App Store wigging out),

Not sure this is a bug, I'm thinking it is by design, but your whole "Armor Value" stuff is very contradictory and confusing.

I'm currently wearing +1 Chain mail. My inventory says this is Armor Class 7 but up top with my character stats I have AC 4. So you seem to be combining both the classic AD&D (convoluted in my book) AC system for the character stats up top but using another standard in the inventory and messages.

I personally prefer the concept of the higher AC # meaning greater protection as the AD&D system for this may be unknown to many and, frankly, was always a bit confusing IMHO.