Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
lr100

Doors on Map

Post by lr100 »

I keep reading people saying that the doors are not showing up on the Map. Is this going to be fixed soon?
Jessica

Re: Doors on Map

Post by Jessica »

lr100 wrote:I keep reading people saying that the doors are not showing up on the Map. Is this going to be fixed soon?
You bet it is! While not technically a "bug", it was a very obvious missed feature! We are working on the first update already which will include doors on the map among other things, and will post details about it hopefully today or tomorrow. :)
shadowspawn

Re: Bug Reports

Post by shadowspawn »

1) I was convinced that diagonal moves were not possible for my first two games, but finding it easier to activate now, so perhaps just wrong impression.

And these have all already been noted by others, just a vote for a fix:

2) doors missing on the mini-map

3) name not being saved for next game

4) no control over sound (I often want to turn it off, to avoid disturbing others and/or save battery)
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

shadowspawn wrote:1) I was convinced that diagonal moves were not possible for my first two games, but finding it easier to activate now, so perhaps just wrong impression.

And these have all already been noted by others, just a vote for a fix:

2) doors missing on the mini-map

3) name not being saved for next game

4) no control over sound (I often want to turn it off, to avoid disturbing others and/or save battery)
Diagonal moves definitely are possible. Try to consider the screen edges and corners as your targets rather than anywhere near the middle. You'll find the dead zone around your character, and the fact that the diagonal boxes are slightly smaller frustrating if you dont :lol:

As for your next set of items:

2) we've got a test in the simulator with doors on the map now, seems to be working, so that'll definitely be in the update

3) Name save is almost done and ready to test too!

4) Sound control- as a temporary item- if you're using an iPhone you should be able to flip your ringer-switch to silent/vibrate mode and that will eliminate all sounds and music in Rogue Touch (even the title music). For further control, including allowing iPod music in the background during play, we should be ready to introduce that in the first update too. CommanderData will be posting a feature list tomorrow I think.

5) Welcome to the board!! :D
shadowspawn

Post by shadowspawn »

To clarify for lr100 and anyone else reading but not playing, the doors show up fine on the main map, just not on the overview map of the whole level. So a missing feature but does not significantly affect play.
lr100

Post by lr100 »

Two issues that I have seen that need to be addressed so far:

1) Option to turn sound off.
2) Game should remember my name so I don't have to type it in every time. It should auto fill the name so you can just hit the new game button rather than having to type each time.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

lr100 wrote:Two issues that I have seen that need to be addressed so far:

1) Option to turn sound off.
2) Game should remember my name so I don't have to type it in every time. It should auto fill the name so you can just hit the new game button rather than having to type each time.
lr100, this is your lucky day! If you notice in the annoucement section today (and a post at TouchArcade) CommanderData has both of those items covered, plus even more good stuff for the first update. Hopefully we can get this pushed to Apple quickly :lol:
DaveH

Post by DaveH »

Man, 2 turns to take off armor is harsh! if that's the way it worked though, I'll have to deal with it.

Here's a small one (maybe): potions of healing seem to increase your max HP by one. Of course, I'm not complaining... :-)

-dave
pmekmjj

Post by pmekmjj »

Not sure if this is a bug or not...

But for the last three games I get down to level 6+ and then I start to transport around the level after 10 or so moves. It's been pretty constant.

Thanks!! Great game!!!

Jay
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

DaveH wrote:Man, 2 turns to take off armor is harsh! if that's the way it worked though, I'll have to deal with it.

Here's a small one (maybe): potions of healing seem to increase your max HP by one. Of course, I'm not complaining... :-)

-dave

Hee Hee! You're very observant, and that is actually a feature of healing and extra healing potions. If you drink them when already at full health, your maximum health increases. Sometimes we drink the potions of healing on purpose to build HP :)

pmekmjj wrote:Not sure if this is a bug or not...

But for the last three games I get down to level 6+ and then I start to transport around the level after 10 or so moves. It's been pretty constant.

Thanks!! Great game!!!

Jay

Jay, you may be running into a couple of possible things- If you put on an unidentified ring, it may be a ring of teleportation! That would send you randomly transporting around the level with some alarming frequency :lol:

The other likely culprit is the teleport trap (and orange disc on the floor, each trap type has a different symbol on it). We'll be creating a FAQ as soon as we can (CommanderData is finishing the version 1.1 update and then we'll collaborate on a document that will really help bring newcomers to the game of Rogue up to speed) :D