Bug Reports

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Bug Reports

Post by CommanderData »

The bug that a few people have seen where playing as Gimli or Ackbar or wearing a ring of searching has been figured out! This was a particularly rare problem... What is happening: when traps are being laid around in the level generation routine we are seeing a second trap being set ON TOP of an existing trap. The odds of that happening are 1 in 1920, and then it'll only be detected if you were actively searching, wearing a ring of searching, playing as one of those two secret characters, or actually stepped on that specific square! :ugeek:

A big thank you to new member xbleh, who's jailbroken phone allowed him to locate the save game file he had with this issue and send it to me! Without that file to examine I'd probably never figure this one out :mrgreen:
xbleh

Post by xbleh »

Glad to help. Just wish I could recover this character! Level 21, with a +5,+4 Blessed Two-Hander, +4 Plate-Mail, and a grip of other goodies! :cry:
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Not sure what to make of this, but many of the old issues seem to be popping up again. On a pretty good run with a normal character and the game has crashed 4 times now, may be coincidental but it seems to happen more often than not when treasure rooms are present.

Also when i double tap to run through hallways i keep getting hit instead of stopping one square beforehand, this did seem to be fixed on the last update but it has returned recently. It may be something to do with diving past level 26 as my last 4 runs have been deep dives.

With regards to skeletons, my previous run with a normal character ended on level 30+, yet on this run a found a skeleton on level 14 that had many weapons and items i know i didnt have. definitely mixing up stuff from previous runs.

Although i am not complaining about that last bit as i am on one awesome run! Not far from securing 2nd spot on th the wealthiest rogues and i am well tooled up Twalkabout! :D
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

I think the additional crashes you see in deeper dives are due to the recently discovered bug with traps being laid on top of other traps. The amount of traps you would find should increase with depth in the dungeon, which makes it more likely that 2 will be placed on top of each other as you dive deeper.

If you had no searching active (Gimli, Rings, etc) and actually just stumbled onto one of these layered traps it would dump right out of the game. This will be fixed for 1.6, which has been proceeding at a snails pace because of my day job... I apologize to everyone who's dying to see some new content, bug fixes, or their new secret characters~ you have not been forgotten!!! :mrgreen:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I've been auto-running and automatically hit monsters when I run into them........if my character is strong enough to do 1-hit kills, it'll just keep running afterwards and the only way I know it was a kill is the message line will pop up :mrgreen:

On the finding a skeleton on 14, not on 30+............maybe since technically you are going below the 26th floor, the game isn't recognizing it and substitutes where you would have been relative to a normal run :?:
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

CommanderData wrote:I think the additional crashes you see in deeper dives are due to the recently discovered bug with traps being laid on top of other traps. The amount of traps you would find should increase with depth in the dungeon, which makes it more likely that 2 will be placed on top of each other as you dive deeper.

If you had no searching active (Gimli, Rings, etc) and actually just stumbled onto one of these layered traps it would dump right out of the game. This will be fixed for 1.6, which has been proceeding at a snails pace because of my day job... I apologize to everyone who's dying to see some new content, bug fixes, or their new secret characters~ you have not been forgotten!!! :mrgreen:
Seems to make sense, i found a way around the crashing by simply taking alternative routes to the room where it crashes (incidently i did/do have a ring of searching). Anyway thanks for your response as always, I'm sure we can all be patient enough waiting for 1.6! :D

Nighthawk i think you could well be right with regards to the skeleton on a different level - which now makes me want to search every corner on every level even more!

I cant help but think as players are getting better (personally i now get past level 26 every time) more of these post level26 bugs will arise. Still, i love the damn game just as much as always. ;)
Berenzen

Post by Berenzen »

Minor bug but it's a bit annoying. There seems to be a delay between when I interact with an object and when it appears on the log
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
JazzFish

Post by JazzFish »

Not necessarily a bug, but an oddity: I think the experience values for Zombie (~5) and Ice Monster (~15) may be swapped. Also, Emus appear later than seems reasonable for how easy they are to kill.

(Loving the game; I've been a fan of Rogue since the mid-eighties. Still haven't eked out a win; stupid Griffins.)
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

JazzFish wrote:Not necessarily a bug, but an oddity: I think the experience values for Zombie (~5) and Ice Monster (~15) may be swapped. Also, Emus appear later than seems reasonable for how easy they are to kill.

(Loving the game; I've been a fan of Rogue since the mid-eighties. Still haven't eked out a win; stupid Griffins.)
Ice monsters have freezing capabilities which can be devastating from long range as the effects can stack up causing you to be frozen for many turns, so that sounds about right. I think Emus are as close as you get to mid level cannon fodder. :)
Elric

Post by Elric »

Just finished a run where I died on level 56 and had to replay the damn level 3 times because of crashing back to the home screen. The bad thing was that I would keep crashing in the room with the stairs. On the third try to make it to level 57 I ended up dying so boo hoo for crashes. Btw I had a ring of searching as well and have been experienceing random crashes in maybe 10 of the last 40 games I have played. From reading through what others have posted though it makes sense now as all my dives have been deeper lately so there are more traps and a higher chance of two traps being layed on top of each other. Glad someone figured it out.