Kudos and some rants

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
elQueFaltaba

Kudos and some rants

Post by elQueFaltaba »

Hi all ..

First of all, kudos to CD for this porting into iPhone/iPods .. I've tried the other Rogue app for some time, but this one seems to have much more potential and well, either way, its a very nice effort.

Now for the rant part ... I'm a Champion, floor 11, normal char, with two sets of wore down armours, a cursed ring of teleporting (grrrr), two items with Vorpalize Weapons (vs Dragons, vs Flytrap .. go figure), and those pesky Rattlesnakes have got me down to 6 strength!!! That's in my very first attempt (yes, i'm not new to the Rogue game ofc)

Should I continue further, or just die and start over? It's starting to feel pointless at the moment ..
Should I maybe try one of those nice looking secret chars instead, and have some fun visiting Yendor?

Anyways, great app, fun guys at the forum, hope to grab the amulet soon ..
Keep this great app working! worth the money!
NightOwl40

Re: Kudos and some rants

Post by NightOwl40 »

My advice is to keep going until you die.....then you can loot your corpse on the next run ;) Unless, of course, the skeleton revives on you......in that case kill it in an open area and you may get back lots of your stuff, if you survive the fight :P The secret characters are fun to play around with, too :twisted:

Anyway, welcome to the board :mrgreen:
elQueFaltaba

Post by elQueFaltaba »

Here lies Timun
at floor 14, with a good stack of enchant armour scrolls, and nowhere to enchant!! haha
Note to self: don't go around level 14 with AC9 and 6Str !! ;)
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Better luck next time ;)

What finally killed you, other than the aftereffects of aquators and rattlesnakes, might I ask???
elQueFaltaba

Post by elQueFaltaba »

Silly Troll got me on a corridor .. i wasn't very patient and run around with just 20HP ..

Then, I have tried Drizzt .. loved it. Got him down to level 22, killed a first Dragon and a first Vampire, then got devoured by a Griffon. Either way, he wasn't all that prepared to battle for the amulet ..
Man i'm having fun with this game .. totally worth my euros! Thanx CD!
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Not a bad run at all...... trolls are nasty because they regenerate their health, but griffons are a pain since the buggers are hasted as well as regenerating :evil:
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

NightOwl40 wrote:Not a bad run at all...... trolls are nasty because they regenerate their health, but griffons are a pain since the buggers are hasted as well as regenerating :evil:
Dont mean to step on your toes NightOwl40, but the Griffins don't have haste as that would mean they could hit you twice in one turn. I believe all the flying creatures such as Bats, Griffins etc can move two steps compared to the normal one.

Im probably being a bit picky here - the forum has died down a bit lately, i guess i am chomping on the bit for 1.6!
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Jim2wheels wrote:
NightOwl40 wrote:Not a bad run at all...... trolls are nasty because they regenerate their health, but griffons are a pain since the buggers are hasted as well as regenerating :evil:
Dont mean to step on your toes NightOwl40, but the Griffins don't have haste as that would mean they could hit you twice in one turn. I believe all the flying creatures such as Bats, Griffins etc can move two steps compared to the normal one.
Correct. To prove it..... ever try a wand of Haste Monster on a Griffin? :shock: