iPhone 3G-S Early Adopters / Rogue Touch Testing?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Nighthawk

iPhone 3G-S Early Adopters / Rogue Touch Testing?

Post by Nighthawk »

Just ordered my new 32GB iPhone 3G-S from the Apple site....

Anyone else taking the early adopter plunge on the new hardware?

CD: will you need any additional testing to be done for the 3G-S / OS 3.0?
I'm sure early adopters would be willing to lend a hand if needed....
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: iPhone 3G-S Early Adopters / Rogue Touch Testing?

Post by CommanderData »

Nighthawk wrote:Just ordered my new 32GB iPhone 3G-S from the Apple site....

Anyone else taking the early adopter plunge on the new hardware?

CD: will you need any additional testing to be done for the 3G-S / OS 3.0?
I'm sure early adopters would be willing to lend a hand if needed....

If anyone has the 3.0 beta OS installed right now (developers), please let me know if you see any problem with game auto-save and loading. I am using beta 5 and it seems like there's a threading bug in it, hoping it's corrected in the final version of 3.0... Since I'm away from my iMac on business I cannot download the 3.0 final that devs already have access to since WWDC started yesterday. I am VERY curious to see if the issues I've seen are fixed in the final release copy.

I have ordered a 32GB 3Gs too, it should arrive just about the same time I finally arrive back home!! :mrgreen:

If there are *any* issues with the 3Gs or OS 3.0 final firmware, I'll submit an update/fix immediately upon my return home. One more project to complete once this big consulting deal is done, and then I'm into full iPhone Game Development mode for quite a while! Should be an exciting time for all of you who stuck around through the dark times :lol:

PS- big thanks to NightOwl40 for keeping the forums clean and spam free! She's doing a great job while I am tied up with work! :D
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I think that when it comes time to update my cell phone I'll want to get an iPhone too............it's what I wanted to get in the first place anyway, but they were all sold out for some reason ;) :lol:

Those spammers are persistant little buggers, but I'm enjoying swatting them down :twisted:
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

[quote="Should be an exciting time for all of you who stuck around through the dark times[/quote]

Patience always pays off CD :D . Looking forward to seeing all these little bugs/cheats that assist in huge dives removed! Much prefered it when reaching level 30+ was a major feat. Just noticed someone smashing past level 150 with nearly half a million gold, if i didnt know that a bug exists to gain ridiculous HP levels i would be in awe! But unfortunately I'm not...

You could spot floor dancing, and the save game trick was not really that beneficial as it couldnt improve your character - although i could be wrong as i havent tried it out myself. But the HP increase trick that was found out a month or so ago has killed off any hope of genuine leaderboard scores.

Roll on 1.6!
Ihateants

Post by Ihateants »

I upgraded from a 3G to a new 3Gs yesterday. I was at work so I couldn't transfer all my stuff over so on a whim I redownloaded Rogue Touch to see if everything worked.

Did anyone else know that games get an automatic speed boost from the 3Gs? I was very pleasantly surprised to find Rogue Touch a much smoother experience on the new phone (As well as very dramatic speed increases on all the 3d games I have). Sure it's not the killer app that makes the expensive upgrade worth it but it was a very nice surpirse.

The extra memory should mean no more having to force quit the browser and mail to play too. I certainly haven't had any low memory warnings on the new phone yet.
labriola

Post by labriola »

How do I transfer content from my iphone to another computer? I have a 3G iphone. I have set it up on one computer, where it has back ups of its apps and songs. I'm trying to transfer my apps and songs onto another itunes library. The problem is that I don't know how to do that. I don't want to lose all the content I have on my iphone now, but I need to change it to another itunes library. Any ideas?
Last edited by labriola on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

All you need to do is make sure you have iTunes installed on the second computer and just link your phone to it.......all of the content on your phone will get backed up automatically.