Rogue Touch --- AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
BigDrahma

Re: Version 1.3 --- Update is Finally Live 3/25 at 11PM EST!!!

Post by BigDrahma »

I downloaded at 8:00:31 PST. :mrgreen: On whim I checked the App Store at exactly 8pm, and saw it.

Time to take Sir Drahma down into the Dungeons of Dooooooooooooooom!

...where he promptly gets pwned on Floor 1 by a Hobgoblin... with 0 gold to show for it! Probably the worst Rogue game EVAH! :lol:
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Everyone rate the appp 5 again please. New itunes rating system has ratings on updates.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Zakia wrote:Everyone rate the appp 5 again please. New itunes rating system has ratings on updates.
That'd still be a good idea... the low vote brigade has been visiting us in the last couple days :lol:

I apologize for the lack of updates on our next submission! It's taking longer than expected because I really want to clean up as many little nagging bugs as I possibly can. A few of them have been RIDICULOUSLY hard to trace. The result will hopefully be appreciated by all of you- a much more stable game, and a lot of neat little enhancements that make play even smoother and faster!

I should be ready to talk about it all tonight *fingers crossed* :D
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Version 1.5 --- Available Now!

Post by CommanderData »

All right! Calling all rogues! We have submitted version 1.5 to Apple, actually it was done last night at 6:30PM (Wednesday 4/1, no fooling!). Despite all the awesome goodness we had put in the 1.3/1.4 combo update we got a bit of a bloody nose, justifiably, due to the bug count *increasing* over 1.2 rather than decreasing. :oops:

A couple of the worst outstanding ones were "The popup actionsheet of doom", which started in 1.3/1.4 and the classic "Crash randomly while descending the stairs" bug that has plagued us in a very untraceable manner since version 1.0. Neither of these were total deal-breakers, but you would lose some progress and start back over again at the beginning of the last floor (where the auto-save had been done). They were definitely annoying, and combined with the other little glitches I can see where it might leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Well, we've taken all that and weighed our work on version 1.5 accordingly... 1.5 is light on new features, but heavy on bug-fixes and improvements that will make the game much more smooth flowing and enjoyable to play. :D

********************************************************************************
Note: as with every update, your saved game in progress will be deleted
so please finish your current game first. The Hall of Fame will remain
intact if you are upgrading from 1.3/1.4. If you are upgrading from an
older version (1.0 - 1.2) it will be removed as well.
********************************************************************************

Version 1.5:
Major Bug-Fix Release. This should make Rogue Touch rock solid and address the things everyone has brought to our attention:
* FINALLY- corrected the glitch that caused game to crash very rarely when going down a set of stairs!
* Throwing worn rings left "ghost" ring on hand. Not anymore!
* Popup menu of doom fixed (was an infinite loop).
* Popup menu showing 2-3x in a row is now fixed.
* Fixed Inventory names not being displayed or at times the entire Inventory display not appearing!
* Drinking potions of raise level at maximum rank could be trouble, fixed crash and give character 10HP instead.
* Xerocs could show as normal sleeping monsters when disguised as a staff or wand. Not anymore!
* Many other random crashing issues eliminated after squashing an overflow bug

Fast-play: major running improvements!
* When you run towards a monster in a room (or run into one in a dark hallway) you will not blindly attack it now!
* Running AWAY from monsters now works correctly, no more running one or two spaces and stopping again :)
* Monsters no longer get a free move or attack on you when you make an illegal move, like hitting a wall :)

Inventory: great tweaks for handling your items and pack...
* When dropping a scroll of Scare Monster, you will only drop a single one if you have a stack of them :)
* Item stacking works properly now when your pack is full! (no more need to exclaim "but I JUST shot that arrow, why can't I pick it up now?").
* If your pack is full, and the item you step on is not stackable with an existing item in your pack, it will tell you what you stepped on so you can see if it's worth making room for! (Example: "couldn't pick up scroll of identify")

New Features:
* Find your previous game's corpse in the dungeon on your next play through! Maybe even find some of the goodies you were carrying when you died in the previous game :)
* Chance to disarm a known trap when stepping on it. The higher your rank the more likely you will succeed.
* Minor new features: Get experience for finding secret doors... Find loose gold pieces randomly on the floor while searching... Find scrawling on the walls!
* Minor gameplay tweaks: Resting with the dedicated Rest button will heal you at a slightly faster rate than walking around. New message warning for treasure rooms. Healing and Extra Healing Potions now cure hallucinations too.
* New rings (2): Disarming (to help give you a good chance of disarming traps!) and Narcolepsy (cursed, randomly... Zzzzzz!)
* New scroll: Safe Passage- when read, it will reveal all secret doors and disarm all traps on the current floor.
* 8 more new secret characters! Yep, even though you haven't found most of the last batch yet ;) A hint for this batch- we had some special requests from female gamers!
* D-Pad is now 25% more transparent. Your thumb is still 100% opaque!
* Screen layout adjusts automatically for playing while talking on the phone with people when you'd rather be playing Rogue Touch (player status used to be obscured by green phone call bar, but not anymore)!

I hope that most of you who had issues with the game, or little improvements you wanted see something to like in this update! Apple's approval process is ranging 7 to 8 days now (due to all the dialers, fart apps, and other non Rogue Touch related stuff in the pipeline) so we'll have to be patient. :lol:

Once the update is ready we want to have our first *major* leaderboard competition (like, with actual prizes and stuff)! This will be open to all players, not just the Elite Rogues Club. However, if you're in the ERC and make it to one of the top spots, we have a little something extra planned for you :mrgreen:

Please discuss the features and fixes here, let us know if you have a favorite in this upcoming release!

Oh, and if you have thoughts on what the first major competition should entail- let us know right here too... we're thinking to level the playing field that maybe everyone should play using the same secret character... jhawk, put your hand down, it won't be Neo this time around :)!
kennfusion

Re: Version 1.5 --- Submitted to Apple

Post by kennfusion »

I sure as heck hope that the change list will be listed on iTunes like it is above, especially: D-Pad is now 25% more transparent. Your thumb is still 100% opaque! :lol:

I am actually really excited about some of these notes, and don't think this is such a minor update. The inventory changes are very much appreciated. The auto-run changes around monsters are quite significant I think, especially the auto attack one.
And some of the new features sound like fun!
preuve

Post by preuve »

CommanderData wrote: * 8 more new secret characters! Yep, even though you haven't found most of the last batch yet ;) A hint for this batch- we had some special requests from female gamers!
You know everyone will be trying out "Britney" once the update hits! :lol: *ducks*

It's amazing how much time and energy into making Rogue Touch better and better.
lr100

Post by lr100 »

Congratulations! I know that those few random crasher bugs were incredibly hard to track down and squash. Great job! The list of improvements in this version is amazing. If everything works as expected this is going to be the best version by far. Great job!

Ed
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

CommanderData wrote:Version 1.5:
* Fixed Inventory names not being displayed or at times the entire Inventory display not appearing!
* Drinking potions of raise level at maximum rank could be trouble, fixed crash and give character 10HP instead.
* Xerocs could show as normal sleeping monsters when disguised as a staff or wand. Not anymore!
* Monsters no longer get a free move or attack on you when you make an illegal move, like hitting a wall :)

Inventory: great tweaks for handling your items and pack...
* When dropping a scroll of Scare Monster, you will only drop a single one if you have a stack of them :)
* Item stacking works properly now when your pack is full! (no more need to exclaim "but I JUST shot that arrow, why can't I pick it up now?").
* If your pack is full, and the item you step on is not stackable with an existing item in your pack, it will tell you what you stepped on so you can see if it's worth making room for! (Example: "couldn't pick up scroll of identify")
I love you.
CommanderData wrote:New Features:
* Find your previous game's corpse in the dungeon on your next play through! Maybe even find some of the goodies you were carrying when you died in the previous game :)
* Chance to disarm a known trap when stepping on it. The higher your rank the more likely you will succeed.
* Minor new features: Get experience for finding secret doors... Find loose gold pieces randomly on the floor while searching... Find scrawling on the walls!
* Minor gameplay tweaks: Resting with the dedicated Rest button will heal you at a slightly faster rate than walking around. New message warning for treasure rooms. Healing and Extra Healing Potions now cure hallucinations too.
* New rings (2): Disarming (to help give you a good chance of disarming traps!) and Narcolepsy (cursed, randomly... Zzzzzz!)
* New scroll: Safe Passage- when read, it will reveal all secret doors and disarm all traps on the current floor.
* 8 more new secret characters! Yep, even though you haven't found most of the last batch yet ;) A hint for this batch- we had some special requests from female gamers!
* D-Pad is now 25% more transparent. Your thumb is still 100% opaque!
I LOVE YOU!
CommanderData wrote:Once the update is ready we want to have our first *major* leaderboard competition (like, with actual prizes and stuff)! This will be open to all players, not just the Elite Rogues Club. However, if you're in the ERC and make it to one of the top spots, we have a little something extra planned for you :mrgreen:

Please discuss the features and fixes here, let us know if you have a favorite in this upcoming release!

Oh, and if you have thoughts on what the first major competition should entail- let us know right here too... we're thinking to level the playing field that maybe everyone should play using the same secret character... jhawk, put your hand down, it won't be Neo this time around :)!
First 5 to playthrough the game with Kobayashi Maru.
Game beat with least moves.
Best/most epic screenshot.
Deepest level.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Cool.....not being able to pick up something I already had was a pain.
I love the idea of female secret characters as I am a woman :mrgreen:

*twiddles thumbs while waiting for update........and plays the game, of course ;) *
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Neo is to easy......I'm sure I'll find another unknown to dominate with :-)