Rogue Touch --- AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Version 1.3 --- What the $@^&*! is going on --- and more

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:Why go back up to level 26 when you can just keep going down, my first attempt this got me to 51, I'm heading back down and I think I'll make it to 100+ if it exists

Once you win your guy retires...first bunch of times is cool, but depth is where it's at o.O
I think you'll find that floor 100 exists, but honestly I don't know if you'll be able to make it! The challenge will become very high the further you go. Monsters AC and HP rise for each floor after 26 (the normal Amulet floor). A dragon could end up with -26 AC or even worse, which is CRAZY hard to hit. You'd need a +25 weapon just to equalize back out to their normal difficulty of -1 AC. I won't even go into how many HP they might have by then :shock:
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Not sure if this applies to all but I just noticed I got a new batch of updates, minus Rogue touch. Maybe you missed the party van?
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Zakia wrote:Not sure if this applies to all but I just noticed I got a new batch of updates, minus Rogue touch. Maybe you missed the party van?
Ha ha! I think we did... It seems to me the last three contacts from Apple have always been sometime in the afternoon through midnight. That combined with the average wait for approvals climbing back up to 6 or 7 days means it could be tonight or tomorrow night (they have a lot of garbage to check out every day before they find the little gems like our game ;)) .

Maybe I need to go sacrifice some fresh fruit :lol:
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Well it's been a bit quiet here lately... so just to stir the pot a bit... Here's a sample of just one way we can rank characters with the new online hall of fame:

This image was generated from actual game data (from my iPhone and simulator) that was submitted to the Hall of Fame database. As I mentioned in the update details we collect no personal information at all- the country flag is simply to note which part of the world that particular game was played (as determined by IP location).

We'll support multiple lists for things like wealthiest rogues, best killers, retrieving the amulet with the least number of moves, etc. The sky is the limit. We'll probably do Top 10 and Top 100 for each category we support too.

Forum members - that's you guys here :D - will be able to opt in and "flag" their character in the rankings with their forum username! That way you can talk smack better- it will be easy to point to a position and say "that's me"! This functionality will be provided by sending me the UDID of your device so I can link it to your forum name in our database. I will definitely be a part of that, and anyone who is a member here can opt to join too :mrgreen:

Other cool stuff I can do with the data once we go live includes providing you with funny statistics from the db: average number of kills for the week, the floor most people die on, the monster that claims the most rogue lives, etc.

Hopefully we're in the final stretch before approval and then we'll all be able to sigh in relief :lol:
swhatley

Post by swhatley »

CD,

This may have been discussed already but I think that the special characters like Neo should have their own hall of fame separate from the normal characters. That is if you plan to even list the specials. And a person should be heavily penalized for lack of originality if they the default name of Rodney. :)

Thanks & enjoy life!
Steven
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

swhatley wrote:CD,

This may have been discussed already but I think that the special characters like Neo should have their own hall of fame separate from the normal characters. That is if you plan to even list the specials. And a person should be heavily penalized for lack of originality if they the default name of Rodney. :)

Thanks & enjoy life!
Steven
We have a few contest ideas planned for certain characters. No, the secret guys will never show up on the main boards, but we will have a board to show off these specials in a fun way. Like a "Who's the best Thor" or Neo, etc. You'll see more in the next couple of days.

Based on my latest reports from the far reaches of the internet (many Bothans died to bring you this post) most people who submitted updates on 3/17 got approval yesterday. We submitted Rogue Touch 1.3/1.4 late on 3/18, so it'd possible the update will hit later today or tonight :D

Everyone hold your breath for a bit longer :oops:
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

I just went to go see something the reviews of RT in the app store....and guess what? No RT in the app store. Which would lead me to believe it might be updating at the moment?
richardjs

Post by richardjs »

I was updating apps earlier tonight and RT appeared in the list... but it didn't have an "update" button next to it, and when I hit the update all button it gave me an error. It hasn't shown up again. I'm hoping this is a good sign.

By the way, first time posting, hello people.
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

It's up now, and downloading as I type!
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

HELLO EVERYONE! WE'RE GOOD TO GO!

Just got the update approval from Apple a while ago... As you noticed there were technical difficulties with Apple's update!!!! We just finally got it sorted and it should be live for download as a few of you have already noticed :)

I have updated all the chronosoft.com webpages with links to the leaderboard. As of 3/25/09 we only have the single Top 10 Wealthiest Rogues, but over the next 24 hours we will introduce a number of competitive categories and ask for UDIDs from any of you who want to show up as "special" with your forum name tagged to your runs, so that the world can admire your awesome skills! :D