In game store

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Mbrandt21

In game store

Post by Mbrandt21 »

I think that an in game store would be nice. When you decend the stairs one of the options should be "visit store". If the game had a store with increasingly better items, depending on which floor you were on, in game money would finnaly be usefull. If you agree with me, please post suggestions and what you think about this.
Zakia

Re: In game store

Post by Zakia »

I like that idea, however, items should be pre-identified and potions should have a static color in stores.

There should be difficulty levels that modify prices in stores, possibly in V1.2.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

A secret or not-so-secret shop will be coming, probably for version 1.2 --- but only if you play the "advanced" version. "Classic" mode will contain the standard gameplay so that people can choose how they want to play! :D

We agree that items should be listed as identified in the shop, with a neutral color for potions. Anything you buy would be added to your pack already identified. The problem may come with selling- we don't want to auto identify everything in your pack... or do we? :lol:
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Jessica wrote:A secret or not-so-secret shop will be coming, probably for version 1.2 --- but only if you play the "advanced" version. "Classic" mode will contain the standard gameplay so that people can choose how they want to play! :D

We agree that items should be listed as identified in the shop, with a neutral color for potions. Anything you buy would be added to your pack already identified. The problem may come with selling- we don't want to auto identify everything in your pack... or do we? :lol:
Pre-Identified items sell for more as incentive. Un-identified items sell at a much lower price.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Zakia wrote:Pre-Identified items sell for more as incentive. Un-identified items sell at a much lower price.
You sir, have a very nice idea there. I like it! That would definitely prevent you from determining the approximate type of something un-identified by seeing how much the shopkeeper would give you for it :twisted:
Mbrandt21

upgrade items at shop

Post by Mbrandt21 »

At the shop you should also be able to upgrade your existing items, an example would be to increase the damage of your weapon or the defense of your armor by +1 for a certain amount of coins. But there should be a limit of how much you can upgrade your items.
Zakia

Re: upgrade items at shop

Post by Zakia »

Mbrandt21 wrote:At the shop you should also be able to upgrade your existing items, an example would be to increase the damage of your weapon or the defense of your armor by +1 for a certain amount of coins. But there should be a limit of how much you can upgrade your items.
What about buying scrolls?
Limited stock can be a reliable option.
~Miguel
Mbrandt21

limited stock

Post by Mbrandt21 »

Yes limited stock is an option, it would prevent someone from buying tons and tons of scrolls due to so many coins that you can find. Another option would be to increase the price of scrolls so that buying more then like 5 scrolls would use up all your money. But I'm in favor of limited stock, it seems more reasonable then overpriced items.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

I agree limited stock seems to be a good idea. Don't want someone killing a dozen leprechauns and cashing in on 20 food and 10 enchant armor scrolls do we? :lol: Upgrading weapons, armor and whatnot directly for a fee is possible. I've also thought of the "traveling blacksmith" found in Shiren the Wanderer!
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

CommanderData wrote:I agree limited stock seems to be a good idea. Don't want someone killing a dozen leprechauns and cashing in on 20 food and 10 enchant armor scrolls do we? :lol: Upgrading weapons, armor and whatnot directly for a fee is possible. I've also thought of the "traveling blacksmith" found in Shiren the Wanderer!
I noticed several times Leprachauns gave out huge chunks of cash.

I would still prefer no upgrade fees, and rather allow sale of preidentified scrolls. You'll be working on code for selling items, so why not sell scrolls along with them?

Also, I believe you will (...End up, likely) be working on a system to keep people from seeing the colors of a potion prior to purchase (Store label, mabye?) so that people don't take a peek in a store and write a mental note of the nasty potions.

EX:
Before store:
1 Black Potion
Store:
Potion of Confusion: 120 gold.
[Label or something on graphic to prevent you from seeing color]
Lets say you buy it and peel off the label. When you check your inventory, you have 2 black potions. Turns out you already had one.

If you identify both black potions however via purchase, you can sell them back for a higher price than unidentified (An idea I just mentioned). Therefore purchases should be shown as identified in store, but appear in your inventory as unidentified.

The same situation above can be molded into Scrolls, except instead of a Label over the color you need to remove the incantation of a scroll in the store window.

I'm probably not making much sense, but I'll TL;DR:
*There's no point in writing a code for upgrades when there are already scrolls, and you will likely end up working with potions anyway, so why not knock scroll sales out on the road?
*Items shown in store as identified, but appear in inventory as unidentified after purchase (Preventing sell abuse)
*Labels placed over in-store potion graphics to foil anyone window shopping for potion effects. Same goes with scroll incantations.
~Miguel