Ehh...

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Xanmyral

Ehh...

Post by Xanmyral »

What's with all the advertisement lately? Did I miss something? It seems that most of the forum has been taken over by annoying advertisements... :?
NightOwl40

Re: Ehh...

Post by NightOwl40 »

Damned spammer advertisers :evil: CD is rather busy with work right now..............he has been coming in and deleting the crap, but it seems to respawn faster than he can get rid of it. Maybe he needs to have someone act as a moderator to keep the spam posters from ruining the board :roll:
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

I wish spammers would realise that no one ever buys anything from these a-holes!

I actually read somewhere that postal junk mail accounts for nearly 20% of all paper usage. A very sad state of affairs if you ask me...
Xanmyral

Post by Xanmyral »

*Sigh* Man... They just don't quit... I just hope CD get's back soon or this forum might be over run with them. :shock:
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Well I am still busy... I worked about 58 out of 72 possible hours from Friday through Sunday night! Just checked in here this morning before heading in and was blown away by the amount of spam! Not sure what I can do to keep it down to a minimum yet, some of the ones doing this registered a long time ago and left their accounts idle.

Rogue Touch is still idle, but not forgotten! I have a few neat plans that are waiting for me to get done with this project and get out of the hotel...

If anyone wants to volunteer for temporary moderator cleanup duty please let me know! :mrgreen:
Xanmyral

Post by Xanmyral »

I throw my hat in the ring. I get on at least once a day which isn't much, I know, but anything to help clean up this place and keep it going so that this forum will reflect the awesome game it is about. :mrgreen: Down With The Spammers! :twisted:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I sent him a PM about it already..........I've got lots of time on my hands and am through here several times a day anyway ;)
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

She got to me first :D I really appreciate the offers to help keep this place cleaned up. I don't want to turn down anyone who wants to join the forums, but the first sign of spam I'm inclined to ban or delete the account completely along with the offending posts now!

NightOwl40, I will get in touch with you tomorrow night if all goes well and set you up with moderator rights and explain them a bit so you know what's going on ;) PS- Late happy birthday to you, hope you had a good weekend!

For everyone else- I'm hoping to make version 1.6 a reality once I get out of the midwest, probably 2+ weeks to go right now... and then I have a few weeks off before I'm back on the road and out here again!
wafin

Post by wafin »

Thanks for keeping this updated. I check it daily to see if any new news is popping up. Hope you get some time off soon. Sounds like you are really busy CD!
Elric

Post by Elric »

CD please no more updates to RT...I waste too much time on it already and if you made it better...well I might loose my job, get divorced and die from not eating. :D