Anyone find any "secrets" yet?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Anyone find any "secrets" yet?

Post by CommanderData »

shadowspawn wrote:The equipment of the group hinted at above is amusingly in theme. :)

I ran my battery down tonight guessing since my one discovery was scheduled for removal in 1.1 (available now!), quickly found 5 in this group, FB, and just one more I found on my own...

My most creative failed attempt: Wally the Wonder Badger. Features in one of the original game descriptions!
My favourite failed attempt: Legion. (What is thy name? My name is Legion...)
Great job from everyone who's found some of the secrets! Based on what we've seen most of you had guessed my avatar, unfortunately he was a bit too strong to leave in version 1.1! I dropped the extra hints prior to the update so a few of you could find him :D

That character does not have a direct replacement in version 1.1, but there are still more to be found. Shadowspawn- I'm glad that you liked some of the other secret character's equipment! We tried to pick and choose among the equipment available to make them fitting! :lol:

So far we have:
1) My avatar, RIP in V1.1
2) "Fat Bastard" - I gave him away! he loves his food...
3) Some members of the Fellowship alluded to here (which ones is an exercise left to the player :D )

I'll give away one you'll never guess. DO NOT play this one unless you really like a challenge! Are you ready for it? Of course you are! Don't blink:

"Kobayashi Maru" - No quotes, make sure to capitalize properly.

Bonus points to the first person geeky enough to get the reference (besides me) :lol:
Emos

Post by Emos »

I have found the "fellowship" characters along with a certain musclebound Cimmerian and they have interesting attributes and equipment! Also, you can throw arrows and crossbow bolts instead of having to equip a potentially cursed bow, it still does damage. ;)
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

CommanderData wrote:Bonus points to the first person geeky enough to get the reference (besides me) :lol:
From Star Trek.

Was a ship in a training excersise (?) and also used to describe a futile scenario.

Means "The ship named small forest" in Japanese.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Ranger

Post by Ranger »

It was from Star Trek, I think the 2nd movie.

The only cadet ever to beat that scenario was J.T.Kirk and he even admitted he cheated by rigging it the night before.
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Ranger wrote:The only cadet ever to beat that scenario was J.T.Kirk and he even admitted he cheated by rigging it the night before.
Peter Kirk beat it to, I believe.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Cool, a couple of you got the reference!

I may hold a contest to see who can be the first one to beat the Kobayashi Maru... and unlike Kirk you won't be able to sneak in the night before and change the parameters of the test :lol:
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

CommanderData wrote:Cool, a couple of you got the reference!

I may hold a contest to see who can be the first one to beat the Kobayashi Maru... and unlike Kirk you won't be able to sneak in the night before and change the parameters of the test :lol:
I have yet to make it far but, DANG, I like the challenge of this "scenario".
Zyxt

Post by Zyxt »

I've been playing Rogue Touch since a little after it came out, and I love it. My question is if it would be possible to compile a list of the special names, for those of us that like trying new scenarios?
Peace and love,
~B/Z
CommanderData
Site Admin

Post by CommanderData »

Zyxt wrote:I've been playing Rogue Touch since a little after it came out, and I love it. My question is if it would be possible to compile a list of the special names, for those of us that like trying new scenarios?
I don't really have a problem with a list of secret characters being posted here... I just don't want to see them all given away too soon... mainly because then I'll have to come up with a lot more of them! ;) Maybe someone would like to start a new thread here and keep the first post updated with a list as people post what they have discovered? It'd make it much more interesting than if I just spilled the beans and maintained the list myself :lol: