All Good Things....

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

All Good Things....

Post by CommanderData »

No, not all good things must come to an end!

But sometimes good things get delayed a bit due to those nagging problems of real life and the albatross of a day job. It's partly my fault to accept so much consulting business this spring, but when more and more people are out of work or low on work I was perfectly willing and able to totally fill my schedule (even had to turn down some work because I'm teetering on overload now)!

So anyway, I really wanted to clean up some of the forum posts and announcements, and let everyone know just what is going on here. :D

Important facts:
1) I'm not dead!
2) We have not given up on Rogue Touch!
3) We do still have several planned updates to RT, none of them will be game breakers. A shop (and possibly an alternate quest) will be made available, the details will remain secret for now until we can finish working on them.
4) A couple of months from now when the consulting work has dried up we plan on starting an ambitious quest to complete *several* new and interesting games this year, probably with staggered releases throughout the fall.

Questions that I'll come back to this post and expand on:
1) When will 1.6 be ready, what will it contain?
2) Where is my secret character I won in CD's Angels? ;)
3) When will the next leaderboard contest be held?

I apologize if any of you feel that this got left hanging. I should have seen the storm brewing with my consulting work, but now it's come to a head. I'll be working and living out of a hotel for a majority of the next 8 to 10 weeks. And it's not a luxury hotel in some tropical setting as NightOwl40 can attest to- she knows where this place is, not exactly my idea of fun :D

Depending on how well the consulting gig does each day I will try to make a bit of new progress every night towards version 1.6 and the hotly anticipated new features.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and love of the game! I hope that at least some of you will try out our new games later this year too :mrgreen:
NightOwl40

Re: All Good Things....

Post by NightOwl40 »

It's still more interesting a place than where I live, CD :lol: That's why I shop there ;)
Dex1138

Post by Dex1138 »

CommanderData wrote:But sometimes good things get delayed a bit due to those nagging problems of real life and the albatross of a day job.

Sorry, it's Friday and I'm 8 minutes away from weekend :)
The RT fans aren't goin anywhere CD, we'll be waiting and playing while we do it
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Hope things work out. There's no rush.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

Real life can be a real bitch...but it's what pays for all of the fun stuff, eh? Take all of the time you need, Mr., as it stands I don't believe there are any real nasty game breaking bugs in v1.5, right? It might be tough to give up the update every week we were used to early on, but I doubt anybody really expected you to keep it at that level forever. :)
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

I think you can rest assure that you have a loyal following for some time yet :)

No I doubt I am not alone in saying any help beta testing or any other help that us mortals can offer is always available.
preuve

Post by preuve »

Good golly, you nearly gave me premature heart failure with a title like that! I'm still very happy pottering around in 1.5 but I'm looking forward to the next big thing.
Shumby

Post by Shumby »

yeah jeez... why scare us like that?!? you're a bit sadistic, m8!! :|

I'm really looking forward to another contest. It's motivation to dive when I've got several other new iPod games I'm checking out. I'll stay loyal to RT, for sure... Just not relentless in my quest for the amulet.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Well everyone, I have been mostly absent here for quite a while and I apologize! There's a couple of ERC requests (and updates for UDIDs on new 3GS phones) that I will get to shortly.

My status update:
One of two large consulting projects completed. The second trip starts in two weeks, and I'm scrambling to code it all and be ready to go. The extra week that the first project held me on site really hurt my chances of having free time in between these two gigs to update Rogue Touch.

Thankfully for those of you who have upgraded to the 3.0 OS or a 3GS phone you can see nothing was broken in the process! The beta OS had a threading bug that prevented saving the game, which was extremely annoying since I had to run the beta OS to test things!! All is well now, and the 3GS adds a nice little bump in game speed. I'm considering re-writing the display code in OpenGL at some point, which would make the screen updates blindingly fast for all users. :D

There will be a couple of updates submitted starting as soon as the second consulting project winds down. These will address some outstanding bugs, the level dancing that people have been using to own the leaderboard, and add in as many of the highly requested features as I can manage to do without breaking the gameplay! :mrgreen:

I'll try to update everyone again much sooner, and keep the ball rolling- I have several new games planned for this fall.

Finally, I want to say thank you again to everyone for their interest and patience! And a special thanks to NightOwl40 for keeping the spammers at bay while the commander is away :lol:
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Don't forget to sort out the HP cheat, a read a post in here somewhere that someone got their HP to nearly 1000 :shock:

Something to do with the Wraiths i think.

Looking forward to the updates!! :D