Most Annoying Monster

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Mister Fluff

Re: Most Annoying Monster

Post by Mister Fluff »

Vampires are the absolute worst. All the other creatures' special attacks that knock something down on your character are curable or preventable. With rattlesnakes, you can get a Restore Strength potion. With Aquators, you can get Protect Armor scrolls, remove your good armour, or get some good Leather until the Protect Armour scroll comes along. Vampires, however, don't have a way to prevent their attack, and it isn't curable. ARE YOU READING THIS CD? There needs to be a way to repair the damage Vampires do, or make something that can prevent it. If the reward for killing Vampires were something decent, they might be worth it, but they are an unbalanced creature for what they give you, and it is frustrating to fight an enemy that does permanent damage to you.

MAKE THEIR DAMAGE FIXABLE, CD, IF YOU HAVE A MERCIFUL BONE IN YOUR BODY!!!
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Mister Fluff wrote:Vampires are the absolute worst. All the other creatures' special attacks that knock something down on your character are curable or preventable. With rattlesnakes, you can get a Restore Strength potion. With Aquators, you can get Protect Armor scrolls, remove your good armour, or get some good Leather until the Protect Armour scroll comes along. Vampires, however, don't have a way to prevent their attack, and it isn't curable. ARE YOU READING THIS CD? There needs to be a way to repair the damage Vampires do, or make something that can prevent it. If the reward for killing Vampires were something decent, they might be worth it, but they are an unbalanced creature for what they give you, and it is frustrating to fight an enemy that does permanent damage to you.

MAKE THEIR DAMAGE FIXABLE, CD, IF YOU HAVE A MERCIFUL BONE IN YOUR BODY!!!
I have to second this motion....those damned things are a pain in the neck :oops: Maybe if we got back the sucked away levels once we kill the bloody things it would help.

Then again, isn't the dungeon master supposed to be a sadist ;) Well, the program anyway, not CD :lol:
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

NightOwl40 wrote:Then again, isn't the dungeon master supposed to be a sadist ;) Well, the program anyway, not CD :lol:
Hey, I like where this is going! :twisted:

Ahem, anyway, back to the topic... I agree that Vampires "suck" so to speak. There is a counter for their HP drain if you have the item handy- Try drinking a potion of healing (or extra healing) while you're at full health. This will increase your max/total HP by a random amount. If you've maxed out your rank at Bug Chaser, drinking potions of raise level will increase your HP max as well.

If you can hit them with a blessed weapon or potion of blessing or wand/staff of cancellation you can negate the HP drain ability too. Best to do this from a distance before they get into sucking range :mrgreen:

I do agree that risk vs reward for monsters is an important consideration, one that I'm trying to get a grasp on for the next game design. Since the monsters and rules will be entirely created by me (rather than having to follow the original Rogue formulas) I should be able to make some interesting trades in that area!