Secret Ability of Ring of Kings?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
scbrain

Secret Ability of Ring of Kings?

Post by scbrain »

I recently had an odd experience which I attribute to wearing a Ring of Kings. I was fighting a Wraith, and when he attacked, my HP actually went up. They went from 114 to 138 while I was fighting him.

Has anyone else seen this?

Also - how does your strength affect the game? I haven't been able to discern a difference.

SCB
scbrain

Re: Secret Ability of Ring of Kings?

Post by scbrain »

P.S. I just tried to verify this with Jared, and it works.
Berenzen

Post by Berenzen »

It works cause wraiths sometimes drain your exp to 1 under the level if you have just leveled up, meaning that the ring of kings could trigger and bring you back up to level thereby icreasing your hp. As for strength, I believe it affects chance to hit, damage and hp regeneration. Not too sure on the last 2 but I'm pretty sure on hit chance.
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Taking the last first, strength controls damage and to-hit bonuses (as well as....... :ugeek: ); HP regeneration is a function of character level.

Assuming we're talking about max HP here.... Level jumps increase max HP by 1d10 (+ a certain number, it seems) per. Even with luck (drain and regain results in a slightly higher HP due to RNG luck), I'm not sure you can account for 25 HP increase on the level jump alone. Maybe something else is at work here?
scbrain

Post by scbrain »

Dear Berenzen and Nighthawk,

Yes, I was talking about maximum HP increasing. And it happened/happens without leveling up. It's happened three times now; it's reproduceable.

SCB
scbrain

Post by scbrain »

While I was wearing a Ring of Kings, a wraith increased my maximum HP from 70 to 121 (!), and I am still a Warlord, with only 5180 XP.
Last edited by scbrain on Wed May 13, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

scbrain wrote:While I was wearing a Ring of Kings, a wraith just increased my maximum HP from 70 to 121 (!), and I am still a Warlord, with only 5180 XP.
Might wanna move this to the Bug thread.... even as an Easter Egg, that seems too much.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

we all know wraiths can raise your hp most of the time, this just makes it a little easier, and a lot less risky because without the ring you can lose multiple levels

its probably nothing more then an unintentional exploit, there are also several others ive thought of but have yet to try
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

jhawk wrote:we all know wraiths can raise your hp most of the time, this just makes it a little easier, and a lot less risky because without the ring you can lose multiple levels

its probably nothing more then an unintentional exploit, there are also several others ive thought of but have yet to try
I'd say it's definitely an unitended exploit....

What's going on is you're being brought down to within 1XP of your next rank when the Wraith drains you. With your next move you gain 1XP back and gain a rank. The HP that the Wraith drains is slightly less than the average you receive when going up in rank, so you can use this trick to actually gain HP.

Nice catch of course, props to scbrain for noticing that! Perhaps I'd change it so the Wraith drops you to about 10% away from your next rank to close that little loophole. But of course the Ring of Kings is rare so it's not a huge problem :D
scbrain

Post by scbrain »

I'll be sorry to see it go !

SCB