Dug deep

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Nathan 0

Dug deep

Post by Nathan 0 »

Played through as Neo, burrowed all the way down to level 64 and all the way back up again. Now on Level One, not sure whether I should go back down or complete the game. Most of my escape/survival items have been burned up, but I still have 40 units of food. The below images show everything I have except for a Sleep scroll, my food and the Amulet:

ImageImageImage

Couple of observations (I'm sure many of them have been covered already):

1. The mob HPs scale to your level;
2. Medusa definitely don't need to hit to confuse. I suspect it's the effect only triggers as you're entering into the 1-square area around the Medusa (even if you're at an angle). I've never been re-confused by a given Medusa;
3. Any weapon thrown or fired at shape-shifted Xerocs is automatically lost;
4. I suspect (and this is strictly an anecdotal observation) that the Wraith proc takes away fewer HPs if you're already below your level's average (perhaps due to vampires). Since you always recover your lost level after combat with a Wraith, it's generally worth fighting them on the way up;
5. When two hasted creatures fight each other, they each get two attacks per turn. So it goes AABBAABBAABB...;
6. Pathing gets wonky around the mazes. There are frequently spots where you can stand and hit a creature without them attacking back, particularly at angle (this necessitates, however, the 'Neo-two-step');
7. While re-vorpalizing destroys weapons, armor can be repeatedly 'protected';
8. When stacking missile weapons, note that any subsequent pickups take on the same bonuses as the ones you previously had. In other words, you'll never have discrete stacks of like missiles;
9. Armor Class is meaningless below level 20 or so... I simply never found a Spartan Cuirass this game;
10. 31 appears to be the max strength.

Great game, had a lot of fun doing this!

Nathan 0
jhawk

Re: Dug deep

Post by jhawk »

as far as medusas go i usually get confused when entering a room there in, and if they dont confuse me“on site” they usually dont try again
Dex1138

Post by Dex1138 »

Nathan 0 wrote: Since you always recover your lost level after combat with a Wraith, it's generally worth fighting them on the way up;
Assuming they only drain you the one time during a fight ;)
Nathan 0

Post by Nathan 0 »

Dex1138 wrote:
Nathan 0 wrote: Since you always recover your lost level after combat with a Wraith, it's generally worth fighting them on the way up;
Assuming they only drain you the one time during a fight ;)
I've never seen one land two procs, assumed they could only do it once apiece. Anyone know whether XP is lost on the re-ding?

Nathan 0
Elric

Post by Elric »

I got hit twice and lost a level once. So I know it can happen.