Question Regarding Corpses

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Elysium

Re: Question Regarding Corpses

Post by Elysium »

jhawk wrote:I dropped everything but 3 wanted items before suicicde and I get items I never had, sometimes nothing, and on my one partially successful attemp I got 1 ring drop
Well like I said, there seems to be a bug about what the corpses drop sometimes (see bug thread). I kept trying to pick up Gareth's sword as Athena and kept getting a +3+2 spear. I had no problems, however, picking up Zaphod's sword and armor as Neo...
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Elysium wrote:As for your tactic, if you're talking about going armorless for your innate stealth ability... I wouldn't really consider that some amazing tactic, I pretty much assumed most of the runs were done with a ring of stealth anyway.
Then maybe it is you who underestimates. ;)

As a guess, 90+% of the steps in my runs were done armorless (I didn't get lucky enough to stumble into/didn't take the time to seek out a set of Leather/Shozoku armor).
Last edited by Nighthawk on Sat May 02, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elysium

Post by Elysium »

Nighthawk wrote: Then maybe it is you who underestimates. ;)
I'm not saying it's not a good tactic, I'm saying I figured ALL the top runs were done stealthy, one way or the other (but I mostly assumed shozuku armor or stealth rings), so I thought you were talking about something other than walking around armorless for your "powerful tactic."
nohbdy

Post by nohbdy »

I did not do it with my Athena run...it takes too much time in a quickest to the amulet and back when the best thing to do was go pretty quickly through the lower levels, especially when Athena's blessed AND shocking spear suffices to get to merely level 26 and back.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I spent some time playing with corpses tonight and other then a few times most of the time get nothing, food, or items never found or in the inventory of the previously deceased character

I think whatever place that calculates a corpses inventory might need a clean wipe because I've noticed results getting worse and more random