Special Characters having extra help?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Jim2wheels

Special Characters having extra help?

Post by Jim2wheels »

Ok,

First of all my special character experience is limited to one, which was Athena during the recent compo that was ran last week (full credit to CD for his continual evolution of the Rogue Touch experience :D ). During the week i was using Athena i continually felt that i was receiving many more special weapons than i usually do when playing with the standard rogue character. On many occasion I had 2-3 charged weapons AND spare vorpalize scrolls, not too mention the 5+ gain strength potions on practically every run, i even topped out my strength at 31 two games in a row. Now that i have reverted back to the normal character, it feels like everything has dried up, i have played at least 7 games that have gone past level 18 and i have found a total of 6 gain strengths, no vorpalize scrolls and no charged weapons.

Now this could just be the way the cards are falling for me at the moment and im just looking for excuses :) , but i would love to know if anyone else has the same experience.

Edit: This was also the case prior to using Athena.
Last edited by Jim2wheels on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
nohbdy

Re: Special Characters having extra help?

Post by nohbdy »

I've been Aragorn and I know it might be chance also but....in one of the games I ended up with 3 of the elemental weapons (including the starting one) and the other I had 4 (one starting, one from corpse but the two others within the first eight level!).
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

It's really some bizarre chance happening with the RNG.

I don't have any code to reward secret characters more than others, honest! :mrgreen:
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

CommanderData wrote:It's really some bizarre chance happening with the RNG.

I don't have any code to reward secret characters more than others, honest! :mrgreen:
'Sigh'

Well your word is as good as it will ever get seeing as you wrote the code for it number 2 8-)