How is this possible?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Mister Fluff

How is this possible?

Post by Mister Fluff »

First off, I keep my steps down to bare minimum. That being said, the last three games I have played have ended by me starving to death! I can't find food or mushrooms to save my life (pun intended)! It is frustrating to die because of pure randomness, but more so when you spend a good deal of time walking a step or two and fainting from lack of food...only to die within sight of some grub. Two of the games I starved when I could see food but was stopped by falling down a put trap before I could get it! I am afraid to play the game because around level 14 I know am going to have no food and will starve!

Is there something I need to do differently? I can't find a ring of slow digestion, am not wearing a ring of regeneration, search every room for food and am getting so frustrated! The last character that starved had a +2 Suit of Rustproofed Plate and a +2/+3 Flaming Battleaxe on Level 16!

What am I doing wrong? Is there something built into a character that has a name starting with 'F' that makes food less common? (The last three characters were named Fabio, Fabio, and Fizzy).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr... Help!
jhawk

Re: How is this possible?

Post by jhawk »

with a name like fabio death is imminent

ive only starved once or twice in way more games then id like to admit, still fewer then scott though

explore every level thoroughly

i always descend hungry if i can help it so it tells me if theres food on said level
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Mister Fluff wrote:First off, I keep my steps down to bare minimum. That being said, the last three games I have played have ended by me starving to death! I can't find food or mushrooms to save my life (pun intended)! It is frustrating to die because of pure randomness, but more so when you spend a good deal of time walking a step or two and fainting from lack of food...only to die within sight of some grub. Two of the games I starved when I could see food but was stopped by falling down a put trap before I could get it! I am afraid to play the game because around level 14 I know am going to have no food and will starve!

Is there something I need to do differently? I can't find a ring of slow digestion, am not wearing a ring of regeneration, search every room for food and am getting so frustrated! The last character that starved had a +2 Suit of Rustproofed Plate and a +2/+3 Flaming Battleaxe on Level 16!

What am I doing wrong? Is there something built into a character that has a name starting with 'F' that makes food less common? (The last three characters were named Fabio, Fabio, and Fizzy).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr... Help!
Jessica had a guide for food usage around here I think. If I find the post I will copy it here. Basically if you wait to eat until you've just hit the faint stage, and don't wear any rings (with the exception of slow digestion), and don't do too much searching or resting then 9 times out of 10 you'll have more food than you could possibly consume when you reach floor 26. Hope that helps you a bit. :D

Oh, and there's no punishment for "F" names :lol:
swhatley

Post by swhatley »

One tip, I don't use any rings except "Slow Digestion" until I have plenty of food stocked up. When I get low on food (2 or 3), the rings come off.

Enjoy life!
Steven
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

searching rings are the exception for me, i could have one food left but the ring of searching stays on, it usually more then makes up for added food consumption and can prevent some rather hairy situations
elswitzer

Post by elswitzer »

I guess you have no clue how to play this game...

Oh, and amen to your amen.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Elysium

Post by Elysium »

I have never died of starvation, though I did get extremely close once (1 food ration left on level 2 coming up) but that was mostly because I was using 2 rings almost the whole time (though taking them off whenever I could). Unless you get extremely unlucky with food generation, it's pretty hard to starve as long as you don't ever eat until you are about to faint and don't go crazy with rings.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

elswitzer wrote:I guess you have no clue how to play this game...

Oh, and amen to your amen.
I'm not sure who you're trying to insult here? The Op? I considered just deleting the post but I was curious as to why there was a need to pick on someone over food usage. There's a lot more healthy targets for ridicule in the app store reviews :D
shadowspawn

Post by shadowspawn »

Falling down a pit twice within sight of food is tough!

You say you are taking minimum steps, so maybe the problem is time take between steps. Do you perhaps rest up after every fight?

The regeneration ring is the worst, but most rings increase food consumption to some degree. I recently had a low-food run with one of the CD Angel characters because I insisted on wearing a Protect Armor ring for the whole game. Then afterwards I saw on a forum posting that this character's initial armor is immune to rust. :oops: