Rogue Touch Lite suggestions

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
swhatley

Rogue Touch Lite suggestions

Post by swhatley »

Knight85 wrote:I would definitely agree with earlier posters who suggested making a "Lite" version with say 8 levels. The best way to sell a game that is more than 0.99 is to let people try it and get hooked for free. I think that might be the biggest thing you could do to increase sales.
I felt this topic needs its own thread. I agree that a good way to sell Rogue Touch at $2.99 would be to have a fee "Lite" version.

Rogue Touch Lite suggested features:
1) All the monsters and items of RT
2) Limited to, let's say, 10 levels.
3) Upon descending past the 10th level, take the player to a screen that says to buy Rogue Touch to play the full game.
4) No special characters.
5) No global leader board.

Any other suggestions? Sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Steven
shadowspawn

Re: Rogue Touch Lite suggestions

Post by shadowspawn »

I was thinking about tweaks for a training mode to reduce chance people are put off by the tougher aspects of the game when they don't know what is going on. These would also make sense in a lite version, so prompted by your post I'll put them in this thread.

Training mode:
  • Start with 5 food.
  • Start with 3 Identify scrolls
  • Stairs always reachable without finding any secret doors
With 3 Identify to start with you get some clues for first few items, as it is all mysterious to start with, let alone making the most of using unknown items. The extra food is because avoiding starvation is fairly easy for experienced players, but hard for newbies who are slower exploring and don't know the mechanics. The change to secret doors is because newbies do not know where to search or how the searching works, and the game appears broken when can't find stairs.
4) No special characters.
With levels limited to (say) 10, I would say leave special characters in. If check the forums get to try out items and abilities, and they are fun taste of the game.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Rogue Touch Lite suggestions

Post by CommanderData »

Well, I've been out of touch due to traveling and just getting back in last night. Had a lot to catch up on here!

I do think there needs to be a discussion about this, so I'll leave this thread hanging out here to collect additional ideas on a RT lite version for future use. The official stance from us on a Rogue Touch Lite version is "No Comment" right now, which you can interpret as needed :lol: