Some questions

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
MasterTails

Some questions

Post by MasterTails »

I'm not that great at this game. The farthest I've gotten was to floor 20, where I died as a Warlord.

How exactly does experience work, especially in regards to wraiths knocking you down levels? Do they steal exp too?

In levels, say, 15+, should I be saving scrolls of enchant/vorpalize for something better than my mace? In the past, I have just been using them, and I died last time with a +6 +3 mace of jabberwock slaying.

How does armor class work? And is the chart on this website accurate, or is the game accurate? I was wearing +2 plate mail in game and it said it was armor class 10.
Zakia

Re: Some questions

Post by Zakia »

MasterTails wrote:I'm not that great at this game. The farthest I've gotten was to floor 20, where I died as a Warlord.
We don't blame you. Nice job! =)
MasterTails wrote:How exactly does experience work, especially in regards to wraiths knocking you down levels? Do they steal exp too?
Experience works like a normal leveling system. I believe wraiths bump you down to the last level, except 1 point from leveling back up. Say, Level 1 takes 100 experience to reach level 2. You are level 2 with 150 experience and a Wraith de-levels you. You'd be level 1 and have 99 experience.

I believe I remember this applying, but you'll have to ask the Commander. I'm pretty sure Wraith de-leveling is not as punishing as it sounds on paper, I've dealt with it fine.
MasterTails wrote:In levels, say, 15+, should I be saving scrolls of enchant/vorpalize for something better than my mace? In the past, I have just been using them, and I died last time with a +6 +3 mace of jabberwock slaying.
Unless you find a Superweapon (Judged by the "You sense powerful magic on this floor!" message) or a better weapon early I'd stick with my mace, IMHO.
MasterTails wrote:How does armor class work? And is the chart on this website accurate, or is the game accurate? I was wearing +2 plate mail in game and it said it was armor class 10.
The lower your total armor class, the better it is. 10 (Total) is wearing nothing, so you probably didn't equip the plate mail =/

That plate mail would probably leave you with 1 or 0 armor class, which is quite good!
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
MasterTails

Post by MasterTails »

I had no idea the "you sense powerful magic" message meant there was a superweapon on that floor. I must've passed so many of them, untested for fear of curses...
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

MasterTails wrote:I had no idea the "you sense powerful magic" message meant there was a superweapon on that floor. I must've passed so many of them, untested for fear of curses...
Superweapons are pre-identified.

If you have problems identifying items, use this secret character. He has a slight advantage over normal players, clairvoyance, and 3 identity scrolls. It's a mixture of a speedrunner and a temporary fix to people who need extra identity scrolls.

Code: Select all

Zakia :)
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

super charged staffs are not identified