23 years, 1 month, 4 days...

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
golgo

23 years, 1 month, 4 days...

Post by golgo »

When I was 8 years old, I received my 1st computer (Tandy 1000 EX), and an Epyx version of the game Rogue. 23 years, 1 month, and 4 days later I have finally beaten Rogue for the 1st time.

I made it down to the 40th floor, when I started to realize that somehow, monster's weren't going down as easy as they used to, so I started making the climb back up. The key to this victory was really the bad ass weapon I ended up with: +8,+7 Two-Handed Lightening Sword of Phantom slaying. Most of the game I had crap for rings, with a couple of wands of slow monster (the most useful), polymorph (which I really didn't use), and lots of potions. I ended up with a 23 for strength, although it was 20 until about half-way back. On one level, a couple of creatures dropped the strength potions. My armor sucked for most of the way down, but I ended up with +2 elven chain.

469 kills, 18,000 gold, and 6 hours later... I am a happy man.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: 23 years, 1 month, 4 days...

Post by CommanderData »

golgo wrote:When I was 8 years old, I received my 1st computer (Tandy 1000 EX), and an Epyx version of the game Rogue. 23 years, 1 month, and 4 days later I have finally beaten Rogue for the 1st time.

I made it down to the 40th floor, when I started to realize that somehow, monster's weren't going down as easy as they used to, so I started making the climb back up. The key to this victory was really the bad ass weapon I ended up with: +8,+7 Two-Handed Lightening Sword of Phantom slaying. Most of the game I had crap for rings, with a couple of wands of slow monster (the most useful), polymorph (which I really didn't use), and lots of potions. I ended up with a 23 for strength, although it was 20 until about half-way back. On one level, a couple of creatures dropped the strength potions. My armor sucked for most of the way down, but I ended up with +2 elven chain.

469 kills, 18,000 gold, and 6 hours later... I am a happy man.

Good work man! I see you ranked highly in several categories in the leaderboard! That's definitely an extremely lucky run :lol:
golgo

Post by golgo »

It definitely was a lucky run... I forgot to mention that I actually had 4 vorpal weapons in my inventory, :lol:
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Great run, Golgo :mrgreen: ........my best run I only had 2 vorpalized weapons. Unfortunately, neither one was for jabberwocks, which is what killed me right after I'd finally gotten that frakking amulet :oops:
wafin

Post by wafin »

Wow congrats!

I still haven't beaten any of these games and I don't remember how long ago it was when I first played my first game and have been hooked ever since. In fact, I think I need to find out a way to power my touch externally because I drain the battery so fast with this game. LOVE IT!

On a side note, I keep reading about people posting on the leaderboards. Does this happen automatically or do I have to sync the touch up somehow? Just curious.

Again, I hope I can finally beat the game, though it looks like I may need to use a secret character first and then try again with a normal character!
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

All you need to do in order to upload your scores from an iTouch is be in range of a wifi connenction, open the game, then look at your hall of fame ;)