And I thought it never dropped good weapons

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Ihateants

And I thought it never dropped good weapons

Post by Ihateants »

until my current game that is. I'm on floor 5 using my mace and doing ok. Then I spot a sword on the floor. I'd never seen a sword on the floor. I pick it up and it's a 2 handed sword. At this point I've never upgraded my mace so I thought I'd give the 2h sword a try figuring it'll at do at least as much damage as my mace. A couple of rooms later I find an identify scroll and use it on my new sword.

+5,+5. I have become death. Destroyer of worlds. I'm going through those mobs like a hot knife through butter. Bring on the trolls baby. I'm tooled up and ready for a rumble.

Of course this will turn out to be the game where I starve to death.
Jessica

Re: And I thought it never dropped good weapons

Post by Jessica »

Ihateants wrote:until my current game that is. I'm on floor 5 using my mace and doing ok. Then I spot a sword on the floor. I'd never seen a sword on the floor. I pick it up and it's a 2 handed sword. At this point I've never upgraded my mace so I thought I'd give the 2h sword a try figuring it'll at do at least as much damage as my mace. A couple of rooms later I find an identify scroll and use it on my new sword.

+5,+5. I have become death. Destroyer of worlds. I'm going through those mobs like a hot knife through butter. Bring on the trolls baby. I'm tooled up and ready for a rumble.

Of course this will turn out to be the game where I starve to death.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you're probably one of the first to find one of those! The original Rogue allowed for a +/-2 on only one stat for randomly generated weapons (meaning you could find a sword -2,+0 or a mace +0, +1, or a spear +0,+2, that type of thing). We decided to mix it up a bit and allow a small chance of a "superweapon"! What you found is probably the most powerful naturally occuring weapon in version 1.0! Lucky you :D

Now, in version 1.1, it's going to get mixed up a bit more. If you get lucky enough to find a superweapon in version 1.1 you'll be quite happy ;)
Ihateants

Post by Ihateants »

I'm even happier now. A couple of scrolls later and it's +7,+5. I'm thinking of asking the next orc I see to go and fetch the amulet for me :)

Funny thing though. I could have sworn an orc I spotted was trying to flee me. I never got close enough to attack him until I hit the rest button. Then he suddenly turned around and headed straight at me :)
kirothak

Post by kirothak »

Ihateants wrote:I'm even happier now. A couple of scrolls later and it's +7,+5. I'm thinking of asking the next orc I see to go and fetch the amulet for me :)

Funny thing though. I could have sworn an orc I spotted was trying to flee me. I never got close enough to attack him until I hit the rest button. Then he suddenly turned around and headed straight at me :)
when you enter a room orcs will run straight for any gold in the room when the see you instead of straight for you. so the orc was going for gold first ;-p
Ihateants

Post by Ihateants »

And it's all over for him.

Floor 19. +8,+7 2h sword, +3 rustproof ringmail. Killed by a griffon. Rank Warlord. I was happily one shotting wraiths and trolls. I took out one griffon but another snuck up on me when I was on low health. Even my wand of teleportation only chucked him into the next room. RIP

Floor 18 was odd. Apart from a couple of rooms it was one big maze.
Ranger

Post by Ranger »

It is not a good weapon, but on the same page I found a +5 Plate Mail, AC -3. I was invincible for a while till a griffon managed to catch me resting after a few tough troll battles. Level 20 I think I was on at the time.

O well, time to try again.