Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Post by CommanderData »

In the spirit of fun and friendly competition we're holding a little online leaderboard contest: This first competition is purely for the respect and admiration of your fellow rogues (and to stress test our systems for a larger contest with cash prizes in the future :D )- but there are a few non-monetary prizes to be earned in this adventure!

Here's how to play:

Pick one of our four female secret characters introduced in version 1.5:

* Athena
* Buffy the Vampire Slayer
* Red Sonja
* Ripley

Then use her to retrieve the Amulet of Yendor is as few moves as you possibly can! In the unlikely event of a tie or if nobody reaches the surface with the Amulet we will compare Guild Honored individuals for least moves, then most gold, and then compare most kills. See how you rank in http://bestrogues.chronosoft.com/ --- click "* CD's Angels * " for the contest board!

You can try as many dungeon runs with "CommanderData's Angels" as you would like between 4/19/2009 and 4/26/2009. The top 5 individuals in the leaderboard according to our judgement on 4/27/2009 will each get their own private secret character in Rogue Touch with great starting equipment and a secret ability! Plus a sticky post in our forums immortalizing your deeds ;)

To claim your immortal fame (at least until we stop paying the hosting bill :D ), make sure to take a picture of your victory or death screen (press the power and home buttons on your device quickly and it will "snap" a picture). I will call for the winners to submit that screen and their UDID as proof of identity, and then I'll work with you to lay out your secret character :mrgreen:

OK, you guys (and girls) have a few minute head start!!!

This is going in the TouchArcade forums as well to make sure you have plenty of people to beat!
Berenzen

Re: Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Post by Berenzen »

So do you mean get in and out or just get to the amulet?
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

What the frak did you do, CD?? Kill their server?? (just kidding ;) )Touch Arcade had been down for hours and is still dead at 2 AM.....

I'm thinking that maybe I should stay out of the contest since I PMed you those other ideas :mrgreen:
scotopia

Post by scotopia »

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just notifying you that there is a nice surprise on the contest leaderboard for you all. CD told me he designed the contest specially tailored to avoid my dominance; it seems he failed in that endeavor...pity ;)
Berenzen

Post by Berenzen »

Question CD. Is the leaderboard based on coinage after rank? Cause I'm the one with all the canadian spots and the only thing differing me from the forth spot is gold and kills even though I have taken less steps and made it further than #4.
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I was doing quite amazing especially considering a very mediocre run... and as soon as I got the ammy I fell every single pit fall, I started falling down pit falls that weren't even there....

I also around floor 8 attacked a slime, which proceeded to duplicate, and then the duplicate turned into a vampire.....
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

OK- Clarifications- The goal is simply to get in, get the Amulet and get back out alive. The twist is you need to do this in the fewest moves possible.

Now, due to the nature of the mission there are three kinds of people we have in the data (and you thought this was going to be some sort of binary joke... shame on you!):

1) People who got out with the Amulet come first, in order from least number of moves, to most moves made while retrieving it

2) People who got the Amulet, but died on the way back up ( or Guild Honored ) come in a group immediately following the Amulet retrievers in #1

3) People who never made it to the 26th floor. These people are instead ranked by number of gold pieces, and then by kills if there's a tie, and then by moves if there is a tie. To understand why I did the third grouping: If I sorted people who DID NOT reach floor 26 or the Amulet by least number of moves, it would be showing all the people who died in like 5 moves on floor #1 in this third grouping.... those people are not "winners", so we handle the ranking this way :D

Of course by Monday it will probably be full of Amulet retrievers only, each one vying to shave a few more moves off the best run so far. I doubt we'll see any category 2 or 3 people left by then :D

PS- I was worried about OUR server and systems, but then TouchArcade goes and dies!!! It's still dead right now 6:45 CST as I am writing this before work (yep on Sunday even when I'm out on a project) :lol:
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

scotopia wrote:Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Just notifying you that there is a nice surprise on the contest leaderboard for you all. CD told me he designed the contest specially tailored to avoid my dominance; it seems he failed in that endeavor...pity ;)
People, we clearly have a skilled and devious Master Ninja in our midst...can we just let his top score stand unchallenged? :o

Where is Dr. McNinja when you need him? Or at least a shipload of extra scurvy pirates to take him down a peg.
XVar

Post by XVar »

Looks like there aren't many UK players to come join me on the leaderboard :( Doubt I'll be on there for long, although 6th ain't bad for my second Athena run. Had no "get me out of here" items though and got killed off by a Griffin.
nohbdy

Post by nohbdy »

May not have beaten scotopia's score but got into second on my first attempt, only 133 steps behind him ;). That spartan cuirass (it was cursed and I never got my ac better than 8 tho...) and +5dmg ring must have really helped

looked back at the leader board...how did you manage only 142 kills and still winning the game scotopia? :o