Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
kennfusion

Re: Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Post by kennfusion »

Actually I am kind of sick of Athena....and as I don't have as much time to play as I think some of the other folks around here, something new would be better. I was just suggesting that if you have multiple characters in the same contest, then the top of each, or the top 2 of each, etc. could win. To allow for more diversity.

Also, a contest that was not about speed would be really nice. How about a deepest dungeon floor dive contest?
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

kennfusion wrote:Actually I am kind of sick of Athena....and as I don't have as much time to play as I think some of the other folks around here, something new would be better. I was just suggesting that if you have multiple characters in the same contest, then the top of each, or the top 2 of each, etc. could win. To allow for more diversity.

Also, a contest that was not about speed would be really nice. How about a deepest dungeon floor dive contest?
I never actually play with secret characters, always stick to mr original. So on a personal level these competitions get me away from the grind and frustration of normal rogue life.

Deepest dive gets my vote Kennfusion.
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Deepest Dive sounds like a good contest... Let me think about who I might want to force you to play for that one. Can't have that run be TOO easy :D
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

Jim2wheels wrote:
kennfusion wrote:Actually I am kind of sick of Athena....and as I don't have as much time to play as I think some of the other folks around here, something new would be better. I was just suggesting that if you have multiple characters in the same contest, then the top of each, or the top 2 of each, etc. could win. To allow for more diversity.

I never actually play with secret characters, always stick to mr original. So on a personal level these competitions get me away from the grind and frustration of normal rogue life.

Deepest dive gets my vote Kennfusion.

Jim - I am with you in that I don't play with Secret Characters normally. I have tried Neo and others, but normally I play for real. But the competition made it totally different and fun. So I like the secret character competitions for the change also.
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

CommanderData wrote:Deepest Dive sounds like a good contest... Let me think about who I might want to force you to play for that one. Can't have that run be TOO easy :D
I have no idea as to all the secret characters and their ability's *wishes for a definitive known character list with details and the holy grail - AKA The Mythical FAQ* but i reckon someone with lots of strength and rings would be good :D
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

Too bad there is no Spock special character with a vulcan nerve pinch....could have done Wolverine vs Spock for the movie releases this weekend :D
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Thinking about it, if it is the deepest dive, surely it should be the LOTR characters? Being that one should never return...
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

Jim2wheels wrote:Thinking about it, if it is the deepest dive, surely it should be the LOTR characters? Being that one should never return...
Some good choices in there. Galdalf's wands and wand ID is pretty powerful. Gimli's auto-searching is powerful, especially to find pits to drop through. Aragorn's sword is more powerful than Athena's, as it has the vision and hits for more. Legalos' has stealth, elfin chain and night vision.
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

kennfusion wrote:
Jim2wheels wrote:Thinking about it, if it is the deepest dive, surely it should be the LOTR characters? Being that one should never return...
Some good choices in there. Galdalf's wands and wand ID is pretty powerful. Gimli's auto-searching is powerful, especially to find pits to drop through. Aragorn's sword is more powerful than Athena's, as it has the vision and hits for more. Legalos' has stealth, elfin chain and night vision.
Indeed, i think i would initially start with Arragon seeing as it would be all about durability and not speed. Comon' CD you know it makes sense - me and Kennfusion here are already discussing tactics!
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Yeah, it looks pretty much settled already here :lol:

I guess the list could be along the lines of:
Aragorn
Gandalf
Frodo
Gimli
and maybe even special bonus semi-related character "My Precious" :D

Let me think about that a bit, and what the prize should be. I also want to create a better query to track the next game so you only see the best attempts from each player, and group them for each character allowed (if that makes sense to you... I can see what I want in my head, just need to build the PHP and SQL to do it). :ugeek: