Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
jhawk

Re: Leaderboard Challenge - CommanderData's Angels Edition!

Post by jhawk »

i must say im rather curious as to how the new 5 going to stack up

im feeling pretty good about mine :ugeek:
twalkabout

Post by twalkabout »

props to scoptopia and nighthawk for both having multiple sub 10,000 runs. there's obviously some luck involved, but clearly skill is a big factor when the only two people that were able to do it both did it more than once.

i'll put in my suggestion (chuck norris) publicly since i had already alluded to him so other people can contribute to what they think he should carry. although seeing as he is not really a sci-fi character should i chose something else? i'm still traveling and only have internet infrequently, so i can wait until 1.7 for my suggestion (sorry elysium, although at least somebody didn't beat my score, because then jhawk would have lost out on the top 5 by 14 steps...)

although i'm not sure if this has been said - and i haven't really looked at or played a lot of the special characters besides neo once and then athena and ripley for this competition, but i'm very impressed by the amount of time that CD must have spent outfitting each character with appropriate equipment. e.g. ripley (from the movie aliens)

Crossbow of Jabberwock Slaying [machine gun of alien slaying]
A Wand of Fire [flamethrower]
Potions of Demolition [grenades]
Monster Detection [that little motion detector thing they all had]

very cool.

also congrats to DaveH who crushed the winner's board score! CD on the leaderboards can you add how deep the winners (and guild honored peeps) made it before dying? right now i can tell he made it to 42, but only because he's temporarily on the deepest floor leaderboard.

i assume this contest will begin when 1.6 comes out?
scotopia

Post by scotopia »

Is it possible to have different parameters of gameplay based on the the character name? For instance I want to create a very high-powered character for my secret submission, but if possible I would like there to be a counterbalance; twice the amount of monsters or some such. Is this possible?
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

scotopia wrote:Is it possible to have different parameters of gameplay based on the the character name? For instance I want to create a very high-powered character for my secret submission, but if possible I would like there to be a counterbalance; twice the amount of monsters or some such. Is this possible?
Hehe... you're trying to do what I am... create more of a "scenario*" than just a new charater..... I like it!

* Edit: have I mentioned the whole sukz @ spelng thing?
Last edited by Nighthawk on Fri May 01, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
twalkabout

Post by twalkabout »

just be aware that however super your characters may be, chuck will pop out at random and pwn them all with his roundhouse kick. the new contest will be to see how long you can survive against chuck. the leaderboard will look at a lot like the worst rogue section just with fewer steps.