Non-English Speaking Players?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Jessica

Non-English Speaking Players?

Post by Jessica »

We've tried to make Rogue Touch reasonably accessible if you're not able to read English text, definitely more so than the original Rogue (our use of animations helps to understand what's happening, especially compared to most ports we've played). And we're trying to add bits of interest for other nationalities- we were influenced quite a bit by Shiren the Wanderer and Izuna from Japan- hence the new equipment: Katana, Shurikens, and shozoku in our first update!

If you live in Japan and bought a copy of Rogue Touch we'd love to know what you think about it- Please post a review in iTunes, and let us know. I can see we're fairly popular there :lol:

If there are any visual cues that could help non English speaking players that come to mind, we'd like to hear your thoughts about them.

In the future we're interested in localizing the text for a number of countries. When we're ready to do that we'll post special requests for bi-lingual Rogue Touch players here. If anyone thinks they may be able to help, brush up on your language skills so we can work together easily :D
Zakia

Re: Non-English Speaking Players?

Post by Zakia »

Jessica wrote:In the future we're interested in localizing the text for a number of countries. When we're ready to do that we'll post special requests for bi-lingual Rogue Touch players here. If anyone thinks they may be able to help, brush up on your language skills so we can work together easily :D

I know a tad bit of french, give me a text document and I can try to translate it.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
Mbrandt21

Post by Mbrandt21 »

I've been in french emmersion my whole life and currently in high school. If you send me a text document i can translate it to french no problem.
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

Mbrandt21 wrote:I've been in french emmersion my whole life and currently in high school. If you send me a text document i can translate it to french no problem.
^^ Way more experience than me.
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Mbrandt21 wrote:I've been in french emmersion my whole life and currently in high school. If you send me a text document i can translate it to french no problem.
Zakia, thanks for the offer and deferring to greater experience :lol:

Mbrandt21, we may be able to work with you! I've also got a fellow in Japan I've been in communication with for localization help there. I'll try to scrape together some sample stuff and see what you think of it and how difficult it might be.

It's fantastic that you're all willing to give us a hand. I'm kind of wary of the "translation services" available and would rather have people who enjoy what they are playing help us out! :mrgreen:
Zyxt

Post by Zyxt »

I haven't been immersed in French for all of my life like Mbrandt, but I have been speaking it for 5 years now (since 7th grade). I can offer some help as well, if needed.
Peace and love,
~B/Z
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

We're definitely going to need some translation help soon, and you fans are probably our best bet for a proper one!

Languages we're looking at first (I think, there may be others... need to confer with Jessica to see what the plan was):
Japanese
French
German

Anyone with skills in those areas would be great... PM me if you feel you're qualified and interested! :D