Zap?? WTH?

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
LazySumo

Zap?? WTH?

Post by LazySumo »

I read a scroll of (I believe) Vorpalize weapon. My weapon flashed white, gained a plus and now is "medusa slaying", so I got that going for me.

But now when I go into my inventory I can choose Inventory or Zap. How many charges do I have? I used another ID scroll on the weap to see what it was vorpalized against but no charges were listed. How hard do the zaps hit?
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Zap?? WTH?

Post by CommanderData »

LazySumo wrote:I read a scroll of (I believe) Vorpalize weapon. My weapon flashed white, gained a plus and now is "medusa slaying", so I got that going for me.

But now when I go into my inventory I can choose Inventory or Zap. How many charges do I have? I used another ID scroll on the weap to see what it was vorpalized against but no charges were listed. How hard do the zaps hit?
A vorpalized weapon gets only ONE zap/charge. It can be used against the monster type that the weapon is good for, in your case "medusa slaying". If you actually zap a medusa with this, it will be instantly killed! No possible escape or counter attack :D

After that it's still a medusa slaying weapon, you just don't have the one-zap kill anymore!
LazySumo

Post by LazySumo »

No worries, I died to a pair of wraiths on level 15 anyway. Here's something new...

Take 1(one) set of highly enchanted plate mail at AC -3 (mind you, I've never before seen -3, this is gonna be an awesome run!!)
Add 1(one) water trap. Ouch, there goes an AC. No worries, this is still a great set!
Sprinkle with 1(one) confusion potion that makes me walk over the trap SIX TIMES?!?!?!?!? ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sigh. By the time the wraiths came along I was effectively nekkid and ready for them to have their way with me.
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Ouch............I try to keep extra sets of armor to explore in, and beef up a set of leather with any scrolls I find......if I find a set, of course. My favorite if I can get it is the elfin armor :twisted:
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

when confused i always tr to kill/neutralize enemies and rest in place to wear it off, especially if there traps around, thats just asking for it
shadowspawn

Post by shadowspawn »

I feel the pain, but imagining your character stumbling through the water trap again and Again and AGAIN kept me laughing for some time. :lol:
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

shadowspawn wrote:I feel the pain, but imagining your character stumbling through the water trap again and Again and AGAIN kept me laughing for some time. :lol:
This is where ranged stuff comes in handy since, who knows the logic, being confused doesn't mess with your ranged weapons' accuracy. :twisted:
twalkabout

Post by twalkabout »

you also can of course just wait out confusion by just sleeping/searching it off. i'm not sure if any potions heal confusion? blessing perhaps?