Chronosoft
Left Anchor
Right Anchor

Rogue Touch Strategies

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby DaveS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:01 pm

One tip that I sort of stumbled upon in my last game, although it is probably a no-brainer. Stairs are your best friend going down and coming back up. If you find the stairs early and decide to keep exploring, always know your quickest path back to the stairs. If you are in need of some rest to heal up, go to the stairs and stand on them while you are resting. If a nasty monster (griffon) happens along, you can run down the stairs to get away from him without losing a single hit point. Similarly, if you run into something you are not sure you can take out, run back to the stairs and head down. If you feel like pressing you luck, fight a tough monster while you are on the stairs. If the battle goes poorly, head on down to the next floor and live to fight another day. I used this strategy on every floor I could in my last game and I know it saved me numerous ugly endings.

-Dave
DaveS
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:54 am

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby Berenzen » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 pm

Btw, doors are also your friend against ice monsters and dragons, they reflect the projectile back at the original creep.
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
Berenzen
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby LordGek » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:07 pm

Berenzen wrote:Btw, doors are also your friend against ice monsters and dragons, they reflect the projectile back at the original creep.


But, sadly, you can't reflect a wand of Haste Monster off one...unless I'm missing something.
User avatar
LordGek
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby NightOwl40 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:13 pm

I wonder what would happen if you used that wand on a griffon.....would they lose their inherent haste ability or move even faster.......after all, if you drink a haste potion as Neo, you lose your speed.......


I'm not crazy enough to try it myself......those damnable things kill me often enough as it is :oops:
User avatar
NightOwl40
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby LazySumo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:31 am

Dangit Nightowl, now I gotta go try that. I think I've got one of those wands in my pack now.... sigh. Will try it and report back.
LazySumo
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby LordGek » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:48 am

Doh, call me a clueless idiot, I didn't even catch inherit hasting is why Griffins are almost considered the game's number one a-holes! Clearly there is no running away from these feline turkeys, eh?
User avatar
LordGek
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby DanJS » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:04 pm

NightOwl40 wrote:I wonder what would happen if you used that wand on a griffon.....would they lose their inherent haste ability or move even faster.......after all, if you drink a haste potion as Neo, you lose your speed.......


I'm not crazy enough to try it myself......those damnable things kill me often enough as it is :oops:


I threw an unidentified potion at a griffin out of desperation, hoping it was a potion of demolition. It was a postion of haste and it didn't cancel the griffins natural speed, it stacked it with 'fast' above it's head. I was dead in a blink.

-dan
DanJS
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:27 am

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby Jim2wheels » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 pm

DanJS wrote:
NightOwl40 wrote:I wonder what would happen if you used that wand on a griffon.....would they lose their inherent haste ability or move even faster.......after all, if you drink a haste potion as Neo, you lose your speed.......


I'm not crazy enough to try it myself......those damnable things kill me often enough as it is :oops:


I threw an unidentified potion at a griffin out of desperation, hoping it was a potion of demolition. It was a postion of haste and it didn't cancel the griffins natural speed, it stacked it with 'fast' above it's head. I was dead in a blink.

-dan


Talk about throwing yourself on a grenade! :shock:

Good work soldier - you didn't die in vain...
User avatar
Jim2wheels
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:03 am
Location: London UK

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby Jim2wheels » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:33 pm

LordGek wrote:Doh, call me a clueless idiot, I didn't even catch inherit hasting is why Griffins are almost considered the game's number one a-holes! Clearly there is no running away from these feline turkeys, eh?


Except in mazes 8-)

Saying that, i spent over 30 minutes dueling with a Griffin on the edge of a maze. Steamed in, got about 3-4 hits in before my hp went below 20, pulled out and healed myself. Repeat process for infuriating stalemate as he clearly healed himself much better that i could. As the route to next 3 rooms (staircase had to be in one) was blocked by said Griffin, i took a chance on a ring, which turned out to be a ring of teleport! This promptly put me in one of the 3 rooms - excellent! Until i was surrounded by 2 Griffins and a Wrath within two steps, who proceeded to kill me in one move.

The moral of the story? Don't take 30 minutes to realise you have unidentified rings that may or may not get you out of trouble.
User avatar
Jim2wheels
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:03 am
Location: London UK

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Postby yogibayer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:09 pm

Some things I've discovered.

Healing potions increase your hit points permanently if you're healthy when you take them. I usually save up a few of them and then use the extras to raise my hit points as I find them.

Use ranged weapons to check long hallways for monsters before venturing down them. You can also do the same thing in long dark rooms at each line in the room (be careful, disguised xerocs steal your weapon).

When you are confused by Medusas you can still throw weapons at them. If you have a ranged weapon with Cold/Fire/Lightning you can kill them in a few rounds without wasting a paralysis pot/staff.

When things are happening fast and a lot of monsters are all around you. STOP! You don't have to move fast. It's a turn based game. This is the time to think before each move you make and ensure it's the best move at that moment. I have found this is my worst downfall in the game. I often get caught up in the moment and act impulsively when I should have thought my actions through and get myself killed when I should have been able to get away.
yogibayer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Rogue Touch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Left Anchor
Right Anchor