Rogue Touch Strategies

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Xanmyral

Re: Rogue Touch Strategies

Post by Xanmyral »

-Xeroc's can pose as any item, even the amulet. Strangely, I don't think they become an item if you find them sleeping, since I have came across a few as such.
-Dragons with there fire blast makes it hard to attack from a range, use cancellation if you have, if not I think it is best to run, or try to take it on mono-a-mono/hand-to-hand.
-Bat's move in an almost erratic manner, and seem to be in some other time line or something since sometimes they are slowed, and you can attack several times, and other times they can move two spaces. Seems like they are permanently confused or something, but ultimately head for you.
-Orcs can pick up gold from the floor, so you might be able to get some cash off of them if you kill them, so good idea to gun for them when you see one.
Dex1138

Post by Dex1138 »

Exploration tip for new adventurers

It's more efficient (saves food) to map out larger rooms in a zig zag pattern...of course you don't necessarily know how large the room is until you explore some of it :)
What I call the 2 finger shuffle...because I place 2 fingers on the screen to do my exploring.
Hug a wall and move vertically diagonally away from it them move diagoanlly back toward the wall, repeat until you hit a corner, switch to horizontal diagonals.
Basically using a W movement pattern (or M if you're at the top of the room)

Sometimes chucking something down a room will reveal things on the mini-map as the projectile goes by. The down side is you might wake something up by hitting it
LazySumo

Post by LazySumo »

Xan, your stuff was added.

Dex, let me play with your movement strategy some to make sure I understand it. I always process a new room east to west, trying to save a row or column along the wall depending on if I've already found that wall's door or it is an outside wall with no chance of a door.
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Regarding the Slimes: Fighting them in a hallway is good. Just make sure that when you fight them in a hallway you are not standing in the corner of a turn. If it divides, it/they'll have you surrounded!

Also, if you are collecting wisdom in one place, don't forget to pull the stuff from this thread, as it has fallen off the front page of topics.
Xanmyral

Post by Xanmyral »

New info on the Xeroc. It can pose as Stair cases as well... It's odd, but it just happened to me. So, be on the watch for stairs now... Even they could be out to kill you. :lol:
gregban

Post by gregban »

Yes Xeroc can be stairs. It was really funny to see the stairs "chase" me down a room onece.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Real stairs, and xeroc stairs, are slightly different looking
And xeroc stairs do not show up on your map like normal stairs do
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

Hey guys, you've been pouring great info into this, so I figured it better become a sticky post as well. Keep it up!
Xanmyral

Post by Xanmyral »

CD leaked that the Ice Monster's Freeze can stack up to twenty turns.
LazySumo

Post by LazySumo »

CD, thanks for the sticky! I've updated with the latest posts and even the larger strat post that was linked! Thanks all for contributions.