"Flaming" Stuff

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
DanJS

"Flaming" Stuff

Post by DanJS »

So I found some +2/+2 Flaming Darts (not that there is anything wrong with that*) and have a quick question, what is the damage bonus? Do Flaming, Frozen, etc. items have the same bonus as Wands of Flame, Cold, etc? 6-36?

*Gratuitous Seinfeld reference.

-danJS
Jim2wheels

Re: "Flaming" Stuff

Post by Jim2wheels »

Sounds about right 6-36, however i believe the stronger and more experienced you become, the more cumulative damage you hcan dish out. I remember CD (one of developers) saying that there are many calculations that go into the overall hit power which considers many factors such as experience, strength, dexterity, weapon held, monsters stats and so on and so forth.

I also believe (i may be wrong here) that if you are wielding the flaming arrows, you gain an extra block of sight. This mean you can see 2 blocks around your rogue instead of just the one. I guess you can try that out without much risk.
Zakia

Post by Zakia »

The above poster is right, but I'd like to add that I've noticed a much higher rate of Lightning specials occuring. I think that is it's specialty.

Also, cold can not only freeze, but occasionally slow your enemy!
There's nothing in the world as ruthless or impartial as death. All living matter ages over time and eventually dies... No matter how mighty or tiny its life force... So being alive means you're creeping closer to death with every second...
~Miguel
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Most magically occuring items found from many many many deep runs, in order of the most found starting first

Useless staffs
Blessed
Lightning
Usefull staffs
Flaming
Rings
Freezing