Questions about skeletons

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Re: Questions about skeletons

Post by CommanderData »

Jim2wheels wrote:So would i be correct in saying you are not guaranteed to find your corpse each time, even if you search every room available?
If your last game ended in your death on floor 2 or lower you *should* always find a corpse. If you died on floor one, or won the previous game there should be no corpse to find. Remember that the corpse does not show up on your mini-map like a door or the stairs would... this is intentional, so you have to explore more carefully to see it.

If you can provide evidence to the contrary by dying on floor 2 or 3 and going to look for your corpse I'd be glad to take a closer look and see if there is a problem there :D

PS- I think it's possible that if you bail out of the game by pressing the "home" button during your death sequence that the skeleton data would not be recorded (but your high score data would still be saved and sent to the server). If you wait until you see the hall of fame at least, you should be fine.

The point that I back up the corpse data may be moved in 1.6 to eliminate that loophole.
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Ahh ok, so the corpse does not actually stay exactly where it was felled, just on the same floor. Gotchya ;)

Along with the improved fast run feature, the skeleton is one of my favs. Just takes the "throwing iphone at the wall after dying" feeling out of my game, in the knowledge that that super weapon was not completely wasted.

Great work mate :D
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

:lol: @ Monument cleaning crew......explains why there's no bones and also why the first floor is so well lit :lol: Gotta keep the "tourists" happy so they keep going farther down and feeding the local "residents" like the griffons ;)
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

I've killed my own skele 3x, but the first time was vs an incredibly beefy bug chasing neo, somehow I thoroughly killed him, unfortuneately I got about 5 mostly useless items that I had floating in my old inventory