Questions about skeletons

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
Berenzen

Questions about skeletons

Post by Berenzen »

Hi guys I have a few questions about skeletons that you leave when you die
1) Do they appear on the same level you died on?
2) Do they have a 100% spawn rate?
3) Do the skeletons have the same stats as the character that died and do they use the gear

The reason I'm asking is that I have a dead character on level 1 after ascending that died of hunger with a +5 damage ring a +9/+5 2 handed flaming sword and a suit of +5 AC 11 plate mail and I'm wondering if I'll get one shot on the first floor when I start up a new character. Thanks for the help.
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
Xanmyral

Re: Questions about skeletons

Post by Xanmyral »

Berenzen wrote:Hi guys I have a few questions about skeletons that you leave when you die
3) Do the skeletons have the same stats as the character that died and do they use the gear

The reason I'm asking is that I have a dead character on level 1 after ascending that died of hunger with a +5 damage ring a +9/+5 2 handed flaming sword and a suit of +5 AC 11 plate mail and I'm wondering if I'll get one shot on the first floor when I start up a new character. Thanks for the help.
To answer your questions...
1) I don't think so, I lost quite a few characters, but I don't think the corpse was on the same level as when I died.
2) No. Some games you might see one, some you might, but then again I haven't really gotten farther then 16 levels.
3) Yes, they have the same health, and strength, and abilities from their gear if they attack. I think they actually have a bit more health, but if you manage this boss fight, you get most of the items that was on your old character, instead of a random one.

I hope that helps some.
Berenzen

Post by Berenzen »

Xanmyral wrote:
Berenzen wrote:Hi guys I have a few questions about skeletons that you leave when you die

To answer your questions...
1) I don't think so, I lost quite a few characters, but I don't think the corpse was on the same level as when I died.
2) No. Some games you might see one, some you might, but then again I haven't really gotten farther then 16 levels.
3) Yes, they have the same health, and strength, and abilities from their gear if they attack. I think they actually have a bit more health, but if you manage this boss fight, you get most of the items that was on your old character, instead of a random one.

I hope that helps some.
Helps a lot thanks, hopefully I won't run into him on this run *crosses fingers*.
Proof I'm unlucky- 1313th post
Xanmyral

Post by Xanmyral »

I've only came across two of them, and nether of them fought me, but I just might of been lucky, good luck with your dungeon diving!
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

I've died on the first floor before and never did find a skeleton there, otherwise your corpse from the prior run is on the floor you last died on........and secret character corpses hit a lot harder than normal ones. Sometimes you really have to hunt for your skeleton, though............if you've been missing yours, chances are you haven't been finding all the rooms on the floor you died when you get there again.

I have noticed that if you have a ring of stealth, your corpse doesn't jump up and try to kill your ass ;)
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

Im only guessing, but logically i reckon the corpse stays in the same location on screen (ie x across by y down) and its down to the dungeon layout as to whether it will appear in a room or not on your next run. Also they do appear on the level you died on, last time i checked corpses cant move - unless they are the undead! :)
NightOwl40

Post by NightOwl40 »

Except for our intrepid adventurer's dead skeletons, which ressurect with a really bad attitude......I'd almost rather face a troll or yeti :P
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

I have to say, i have defeated my old skeleton each time, but never received anything worth much. :|

Hit and run, hit and run!
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Post by CommanderData »

I'll throw in a bit of knowledge about skeletons for you here....

First off, since the guild had the monument installed on Floor one they have a new janitorial staff that comes in every week to clean out the corpses. So you'll never see a dead body on Floor #1, would be bad for the tourists :lol:

Starting on Floor #2 you might find the bones of your previous adventurer in a heap on the ground. Sometimes you can step on him and find one of your items that you were carrying before... other times it re-animates and comes after you!

This is where things get interesting... This guy has the full stats and abilities of your previous character. If your previous character was for example Neo, this set of bones will be Hasted (Fast- 2 turns to your one). If you had 150 HP Max when you last died, so does this guy! They hit harder, based on the rank of your character when you died. If you were on your way up with the Amulet but died of starvation on Floor #3 in your last game, it'll probably be game over for you again if that guy wakes up unless you have some really lucky starting gear! :lol:

The only good thing is if you manage to kill him you will receive a larger assortment of goodies from your previous pack... I have gotten up to 7 items that way. Make sure you kill him in an empty room. It will need a lot of clear floor space to get that may items to drop on the floor! :D
Jim2wheels

Post by Jim2wheels »

So would i be correct in saying you are not guaranteed to find your corpse each time, even if you search every room available?