Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
CommanderData
Site Admin
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChronoSoft

Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Post by CommanderData »

Hello everyone, the original Feature Request thread was getting a bit out of hand... many of the original items were addressed long ago now, and it was getting too hard to find out if things you've asked for would be included in the future!

This thread's goal is to collect suggestions for versions 1.6 through 2.0. As good suggestions come in, I will hand pick neat stuff to spotlight here. If I don't add it to these lists it does not mean it's not being considered! I just want to keep the lists here manageable and just showcase some of the common or really amusing ideas...

Upcoming Feature ideas (pre 2.0):
Pretty Much All of BigDrahma's list is good stuff (4 is really more in 2.0 line I think):
1. Ask to identify all possessions upon death (since it's all re-randomized anyway, there's no meta-game advantage gained)
2. Place gold values on possessions, and add them to your wealth total when you die (those magic weapons have to be worth something!)
3. Graffiti from other player's character names (seed from "Latest Rogues" leaderboard at the beginning of the game)
5. Viewable/scrollable game text history (perhaps a "diary" that's always in inventory and impossible to remove?)
6. A two-second "dead time" on the search button after finding a secret door (this would save me something like 20 moves a game!)

Ring of light (or some other device to see better!)

Returning throwable weapons

Clear the Hall of Fame through a motion?

Vampiric weaponry

Sound effects for combat

A FAQ (!) :D

Upcoming Feature ideas (2.0 and beyond):
* Shop with various items and equipment for sale. Items will be semi-random, and limited in quantity so you cannot overload your pack with potions of clairvoyance and raise level!
* Scroll to create or teleport to a shop
* Interesting Lighting/Fog of War effects, better than the standard black squares now
* Selectable Avatars
* Beer
* A Pony

Please post your thoughts and ideas in this thread and I'll try to read and respond to everyone!

GO! :mrgreen:
Dex1138

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Post by Dex1138 »

I'm a newbie here so some of my ideas may have been mentioned (26 pages is a lot to check!)
* Displaying your numerical level next to/in place of your title. Maybe it's the old school D&Der in me, I just like knowing my character level :)
* Selectable avatars

That's all I got for now, have to go play some more :)
xmiyux

Post by xmiyux »

Balanced character classes (like Nethack and basically a light version of the strong secret characters currently in the game).
Bogrune

Post by Bogrune »

My first post in this warm, cuddly forum. Please bear with me. Loving Rogue and all the updates - here is my spin of what could be implemented:-

Beer - needed in all dungeons
Shield - for protection from beer related injuries
Shop sounds great at about level 15. Maybe selling beer.
More details at end on the character - which of the beasts were fodder/nemesises (if such a word exists)
All griffins to be replaced by bats
Awarding of titles upon certain achievements
More drops from beasts would be useful

Love the game - keep it up CD.

B.
Shumby

Post by Shumby »

I agree with the beer ideas. After all it is Tueday morning. :lol:

To restate my ideas into the new thread:

- avatars for the special characters
- unlockable avatars for completing runs
- sounds
- quit button
Mooch

Post by Mooch »

xmiyux wrote:Balanced character classes (like Nethack and basically a light version of the strong secret characters currently in the game).
I think that one of the unique things about rogue touch is that you choose what path you want to take
BigDrahma

Post by BigDrahma »

Here's my list; any duplicates are considered a "me too!" vote. :mrgreen:

1. Ask to identify all possessions upon death (since it's all re-randomized anyway, there's no meta-game advantage gained)
2. Place gold values on possessions, and add them to your wealth total when you die (those magic weapons have to be worth something!)
3. Graffiti from other player's character names (seed from "Latest Rogues" leaderboard at the beginning of the game)
4. Gender and avatar selection at beginning of the game (no need for race or class in Rogue -- I can wait for NetHack Touch!)
5. Viewable/scrollable game text history (perhaps a "diary" that's always in inventory and impossible to remove?)
6. A two-second "dead time" on the search button after finding a secret door (this would save me something like 20 moves a game!)

That's all I can think of for now!
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Oh boy...

Either draw an "x" on the screen, or some games have you touch two fingers at the same time, to bring up a resume/return to title

Show dex next to str

Make dex increaseable/decreaseable

Über mobs noted by color tint, much harder/better drop

Scroll create food

Scroll recharge staff (ex. gain 1d6 charges but if 1 or 2 staff breaks

At the bottom where it shows weapon/armour, add a second weapon button for easy switch to secondary weapon

Magic items need a bit of a bump, and scrolls took a rather large drop % also, with more people trying to go deeper I think they should be upped at least a little

Ring of light

My last game was great, until a near endless barrage of vampires lowered my total hp by more then 25%, there should be a potion to restore life, I'm not sure adding would be as good of an idea

Unique named items

Staff of dance plays Beverly hills cop theme song and monsters are to busy dancing to attack

Confused monsters seem to sure hit pretty good, especially a lot better then me, I think they should attack each other

Mobs are succeptable to traps

Taking a blindness pot seems to last forever, maybe shorten it to everything else?

Start using abv. and symbols to shorten text chops

I think that's it....for now :-)
elswitzer

Post by elswitzer »

Im pretty sure I had a ring of light in my last game. Never identified it but my starting ring seemed to give me 2 squares of light around me instead of 1.
jhawk

Post by jhawk »

Blessed or fire enchanted items give you a +1 LR

I'd like to see a ring give +3-4, maybe 5?