Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Discussion about Rogue Touch for the iPhone and iPod Touch
LordGek

Re: Feature Requests for Rogue Touch - Part TWO!

Post by LordGek »

FrogZero wrote:I think attacks shouldn't miss sleeping monsters. It sucks to sneak up on a sleeping leprechaun, attack it, only to miraculously miss the immobile enemy and lose your gold (along with a few limbs in the case of gryphons...). Another thing could be a possible damage bonus on sleeping monsters, maybe to help promote a sneakier playstyle, though instead of just avoiding all combat to get destroyed in later levels, you just sneak attack those unfortunate enough to be asleep while your around :lol: .
Perhaps, if not already in effect, the game should enact some of the old AD&D to hit and damage bonuses to sleeping or held targets?
FrogZero

Post by FrogZero »

As far as i've noticed it hasn't been in effect. My primary reason for posting that in the first place is because i rarely, if ever, hit a sleeping monster and the logic of the situation confounds me..

*Approach sleeping Dragon* "You attack the dragon! Your attack misses* o.O
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

FrogZero wrote:As far as i've noticed it hasn't been in effect. My primary reason for posting that in the first place is because i rarely, if ever, hit a sleeping monster and the logic of the situation confounds me..

*Approach sleeping Dragon* "You attack the dragon! Your attack misses* o.O
Well, at least with a dragon, a miss may not mean so much that you didn't hit him as much as your puny blow didn't penetrate his THICK THICK hide.
swhatley

S. of Identify & protected armor

Post by swhatley »

I've been wondering why there is not any indicator that armor is protected against rusting. It would be nice if the Scroll of Identify would also indicate if armor is protected. Right now, the only way to know is to let it get hit by a water trap or aquator. It should would be nice to know this. Or is there some reasoning behind it like it has always been like this?

Thanks,
Steven
LordGek

Re: S. of Identify & protected armor

Post by LordGek »

swhatley wrote:I've been wondering why there is not any indicator that armor is protected against rusting. It would be nice if the Scroll of Identify would also indicate if armor is protected. Right now, the only way to know is to let it get hit by a water trap or aquator. It should would be nice to know this. Or is there some reasoning behind it like it has always been like this?

Thanks,
Steven
I personally would love to see a little symbol with inventory items indicating "cursed" or "rustproofed" on known items (clearly cursed won't be revealed until the player determines the item is cursed by trying to take it off).
Shumby

Re: S. of Identify & protected armor

Post by Shumby »

LordGek wrote:
swhatley wrote:I've been wondering why there is not any indicator that armor is protected against rusting. It would be nice if the Scroll of Identify would also indicate if armor is protected. Right now, the only way to know is to let it get hit by a water trap or aquator. It should would be nice to know this. Or is there some reasoning behind it like it has always been like this?

Thanks,
Steven
I personally would love to see a little symbol with inventory items indicating "cursed" or "rustproofed" on known items (clearly cursed won't be revealed until the player determines the item is cursed by trying to take it off).
+1 :)
Dex1138 wrote:
LdC wrote:*) I like to throw arrows around in the darkened rooms to see what's out there, but it's kinda slow going through the menu to do that over and over. Some quicker way to throw things would help!
I am a he-man archer myself (never equip the bow) Having an extra button on the screen for any thrown weapons would be a bonus. Maybe make it an equippable slot like weapon or armor so you can put arrows, daggers, etc in there.
+1 here too. I had 14 +4+2 Shuriken last time through... great weapon but a pain in the butt!

- tap i - tap shuriken - tap throw - tap direction - rinse, repeat
That R button on the left is cool... what if you could assign a weapon to it? Including your equipped melee weapon... ? I get tired of selecting "inventory" when using a weapon that lends itself to being thrown, like the spear, axe or hammer.

Just a streamlining suggestion.
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

Things I would like to see in the near future:

Scroll of Acquirement - scroll that gives you a random item, could be anything
Scroll of Recharge - adds x number of charges to a staff
Scroll of Detect Traps - reveals all traps on the floor
Ring of Detect Monsters - shows all monsters on the floor
Ring of Detect Items - shows all items on the floor
Potion of Poison do damage over time to a monster when thrown at it
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

kennfusion wrote:Things I would like to see in the near future:

Nice! Being a sick individual I love the concept of the Scroll of Acquirement and how it would be very possible to read it only to end up getting something nasty like a cursed ring. :twisted:
kennfusion

Post by kennfusion »

LordGek wrote:
kennfusion wrote:Things I would like to see in the near future:

Nice! Being a sick individual I love the concept of the Scroll of Acquirement and how it would be very possible to read it only to end up getting something nasty like a cursed ring. :twisted:
Yeah actually you know what would be funny is if the scroll worked in such a way that IF it summoned a cursed item, it auto-equipped it. So if it was a cursed mace, it would remove your worn weapon and equip itself.

Also forgot to add to my list:
Scroll of Blessing - allows you to cast blessing on a scroll like Athena's spear
Scroll or Potion? of Blind Seer - Makes you permanently blind and have permanent clairvoyance. So you can see monsters and items, but you cant see the floor use scrolls, etc. :lol: Can only be changed with a potion of Blessing or See Invisible.
LordGek

Post by LordGek »

kennfusion wrote: Scroll or Potion? of Blind Seer - Makes you permanently blind and have permanent clairvoyance. So you can see monsters and items, but you cant see the floor use scrolls, etc. :lol: Can only be changed with a potion of Blessing or See Invisible.
That might be a little too nasty and annoying.